CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days 
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
Chris570
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 1487
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 14:10
- x 36
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
well thanks for ruining my business plans
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
It's OK Chris. Only we know about it. Your secret is safe with usChris570 wrote:well thanks for ruining my business plans
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I recently got rid of a vacuum cleaner that I didn't need. It was just gathering dust.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Hell Razor5543 wrote:I recently got rid of a vacuum cleaner that I didn't need. It was just gathering dust.
That joke sucks James...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I think this is a good thing, because my leccy bills will get cheaper, and it'll force the manufacturers not to be so lazy and give us good stuff that is economical - much like the emissions regs have forced car makers into giving us small, but powerful and economical engines.KP wrote:Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Sod the electricity bill, it's the cleanliness of my house that I'm primarily concerned about...northern_mike wrote:I think this is a good thing, because my leccy bills will get cheaper.KP wrote:Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days
I want a Hoover that will suck every last microgram of dirt out of my carpets..
The makers of Henry and friends have already allegedly released a low wattage model that performs as well as a 2000W model...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Pfft, you want a nice hepa+ type unit so that it chicks out cleaner air as well Jim 
One reason I have my dyson as the foam filters get a good head and shoulders every year and then a final rinse with antibacterial hand gel as well to help keep stuff dead for a while till the next clean
One reason I have my dyson as the foam filters get a good head and shoulders every year and then a final rinse with antibacterial hand gel as well to help keep stuff dead for a while till the next clean
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Exactly my point Jim, they've been too lazy to do this in the past, and now have been forced to do so..saving us all some money and some resources.CitroJim wrote:
The makers of Henry and friends have already allegedly released a low wattage model that performs as well as a 2000W model...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Will, mine is a HEPA job as I'm very sensitive, nay allergic, to dust of all kinds and that's why I need an excellent Hoover. I use it almost every other day...
The Hoover I have (it is actually a Hoover) has so far ticked all the boxes for me.
Mike, my experience with Henry is he's not much of a sucker anyway so anything has to be an improvement...
The Hoover I have (it is actually a Hoover) has so far ticked all the boxes for me.
Mike, my experience with Henry is he's not much of a sucker anyway so anything has to be an improvement...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Good lad Jim
I find mine helps as soon as I have any asthma issues when I wake up(the only time really!) the bedroom gets a full pull everything out Hoover and not just the normal quick once over
The motorhead I've found is great on car mats and boots especially if a dog has been near anything lol
The motorhead I've found is great on car mats and boots especially if a dog has been near anything lol
-
Onlinemyglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28691
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5674
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I'm sticking with my 2kW Míele.
I'm having free leccy installed so the consumption is meaningless!
I can leave my lights, TVs and stereos on all day long, even though I won't be home to appreciate them
I'm having free leccy installed so the consumption is meaningless!
I can leave my lights, TVs and stereos on all day long, even though I won't be home to appreciate them
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Free leccy Steve?
How? Lots of solar panels on the roof or are you having the local pikies do a meter bypass for you?
How? Lots of solar panels on the roof or are you having the local pikies do a meter bypass for you?
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Isn't the free leccy just what's generated by the panels so prob not loads unless the sun is out and beatings down in the middle of a heat wave in the UK 