Davie's Activa Clutch
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12576
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1485
-
superloopy
- Posts: 3344
- Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 03:25
- x 19
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Is that part specific to the activa or just general across all the hydraulically operated clutch models?
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike
Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
-
xantia_v6
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 10952
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
- x 1454
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Common across hydrauc clutch models. RHD and LHD àre obviously different, in about 1999, LHD models got a revised master cylinder with a separate reservoir that sits between the LHM tank and the ABS block.
-
superloopy
- Posts: 3344
- Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 03:25
- x 19
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Thanks for that. I've got about 4 in the shed, a couple of new ones in there too. Just a bit of a hoarder .... "they'll come in useful some day "
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike
Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Gearbox driveshaft seal has arrived... Sunday or Monday will see it fitted...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Just checked the new one I've received. It's the correct one so I'll fit it later this afternoon...RichardW wrote: ML5 32x50 x 10
At least it'll make it easy to remove... That's if it even needs removing... I'd not be surprised if it comes out with the shaft!RichardW wrote:Surprised it held in the housing!
More later... Weather permitting...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
An ultimately frustrating day today.. Got the driveshaft out no problem, old seal popped out without too much issue (it is the wrong size) but...
I just can't get the driveshaft back in without assistance as the hub with disc, caliper and new pads is just too heavy to manoeuvre accurately enough on my own to avoid the risk of damaging the new seal
Previously I did the job with a bare hub... I'm very reluctant to strip the hub again...
I have sent out for assistance... Should only take an hour tops, with tea served... Not sure when the assistance will arrive just yet but all I know is that with those driveshafts so firmly stuck into the hubs has been a constant source of aggro all the way through this job
Still, almost there...
I just can't get the driveshaft back in without assistance as the hub with disc, caliper and new pads is just too heavy to manoeuvre accurately enough on my own to avoid the risk of damaging the new seal
I have sent out for assistance... Should only take an hour tops, with tea served... Not sure when the assistance will arrive just yet but all I know is that with those driveshafts so firmly stuck into the hubs has been a constant source of aggro all the way through this job
Still, almost there...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14306
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Jim, if your assistance doesn't get there today, give me a shout. I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so I can lend a hand with muscles (but not much intelligence).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Your a bit like me James. Only better cos I've knackered back and hands to go with the no knowledge [emoji13] [emoji23] [emoji15]
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5303
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1593
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
You've got my number Jim if I could lend a useful pair of hands. Drop me a text or PM if I could be handy, no particular plans tomorrow aside from trying to finish turning the Saab back from a matt finish to gloss after it had a run in with TFR a few weeks back and had all the wax stripped off!
Sure I could be spared for an hour or two to help.
Sure I could be spared for an hour or two to help.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Thanks all... Won't be any time soon I'm afraid. I have other things that must take priority...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14306
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
That sounds ominous. I hope that either I am wrong, or that things take a turn for the better.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
Very much the former I'm afraid James... Here teetering on a knife-edge... Not so much dad but me... I'm in danger of doing exactly what I fear my Activa might do any time between here and Somerset...Hell Razor5543 wrote:That sounds ominous. I hope that either I am wrong, or that things take a turn for the better.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14306
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's Activa Clutch
I would say try and take things easier, but what with the situation that will be difficult. Keep us abreast of things, and I know that forum Members will help out where they can. I can help out for the next 2 Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but I am then unavailable for a fortnight, although after that I can help again.
Fingers crossed all will start looking up.
Fingers crossed all will start looking up.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55041
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8370