peugeot 405 early ABS

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

puc
My Cars:

peugeot 405 early ABS

Post by puc »

The ABS warning lamp is playing up. It only sometimes lights up when I start. Fuses are ok. Does anyone know which relay controls this light? Could it be something else?
P.Smith
My Cars:

Post by P.Smith »

i have this random problem on my 205 (1991)
ABS is fine, and cleaning the sensors has helped, but every now and then my light won't go out!!!!
I drive down the road about a mile, turn the engine off + on again, and walla it goes out....
Did you get any answers???
hariaran
My Cars:

Post by hariaran »

I used to have a more serious problem with my Bendix ABS on a 605.All the warning lights related to the brakes would come on (including the STOP light). Check the safety relay on the modulator. I had to change mine and the problem was solved. Hope this helps.
puc
My Cars:

Post by puc »

Where is this relay located on your 605 and how much did it cost? still having problems with the damn warning light.
hariaran
My Cars:

Post by hariaran »

The safety relay on my 605 is located on the modulator. The modulator is situated near the firewall on the top left hand side of the engine bay. I couldn't buy the relay seperately from a Pugeot dealer. Got it from Autolink for 148 pounds. Call 1202 576699 and ask for John, mentioned Hari from Malaysia gave you his number.