CITROEN RIDE QUALITY ENDORSED BY THE FILM INDUSTRY

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

CITROEN RIDE QUALITY ENDORSED BY THE FILM INDUSTRY

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I have just been reading Auto Express magazine special issue 833,and it's very interesting to see on page 9 that the film industry (in France) are making use of a Citroen as a camera car. They would obviously want a stable platform to mount their camera on, but if you look closely it appears to have been converted into a pick-up platform design, with an additional platform on the roof! Also there appears to be a different design for the rear axle, it has two! To carry the extra weight of all the camera gear, and technicians. The car has a French plate on it 438 DAL 91 an is an XM, which is ironically being used to film a Renault Laguna estate.[:)][:D] Do any of you have any additional information on this vehicle, as it looks quite interesting, and it makes me wonder if the rear axles are a modified Citroen design, or maybe air bags[?]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I think the BBC used to use a DS safari with a cameraman on the roof to record horse racing, saw it somewhere. eventually replaced it with an XM or something.
Stewart
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Also very popular in France as ambulances.
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Seem to remember seeing two or three 6-wheeled Cits on the A2 in the early hours.I think they were delivering the French newspapers.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Anoraks!!!
the BBC did indeed use a DS as a camera car. it is somewhere on the net.
Six wheeled CX estates have been made by Tissier and one was specially built for running the EU's paperwork from Strasbourg to Brussels every night. Word is that it had an SM engine and absolution from speed limits. Drat! Another good job I missed out on!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

well you can rent a CX camera car from here :
http://www.centreville82.freeserve.co.u ... index.html
cool!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »