Poetic Justice?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Poetic Justice?

Post by JohnD »

Three years ago a police chief said that the only people who have anything to fear from cameras are those who put themselves and others at risk by blatantly ignoring speed limits. So said the Chief Constable of Derbyshire who was one of the first to embrace the Safety Camera Partnership. Unfortunately, last week he allowed his driver to travel through the M1 Hertfordshire section at just under 100mph.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I expect he will cite "operational reasons",or the latest excuse- an "anti-terrorist initiative", or perhaps he could use Alex Fergusons excuse for driving down the hard shoulder- a dose of the squits!!!!
Doubtless there will be an acquital.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

The North Wales Chief Constable has been chastised by a judge for the use of police statements which were computer generated and which the officers in question had never seen. The statements were complete with scanned signatures! This is the Constabulary that is issuing enormous numbers of camera generated penalties. The judge said that if further instances came before him he would have no hesitation in sending them to the DPP for action against the Chief Constable in question. It conjures up the vision of the CC feeling his own collar.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Got to say the wife (a solicitor) and I did LOL when we saw this on the news. What goes round comes round.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

No problem he can just give his driver some EBay bids for a student to take them from him.
David
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AWG</i>

The North Wales Chief Constable has been chastised by a judge for the use of police statements which were computer generated and which the officers in question had never seen.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
He also thinks it's OK to park his car on the pavement.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004531426,00.html
Just hope he did something about that load on the trailer before he set off.[V]