xantia pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

xantia pump

Post by davethewheel »

i was doing some work on my xantia today, new brake pipe and lhm change and iv'e noticed that it's leaking from where the two pipes go into the top of the hydraulic pump, both pipes appear to be tight, is there some kind of seal in there and has anyone fixed this?, most of the previous citroens I've had have weeped from around here but it's starting to drip on the floor so maybe it's time i fixed it.
Kered

Post by Kered »

When my pump started dripping more than it used to I suspected that the rubber pipe had split. Not so! It turned out that the metal pipe from the pump (that the rubber pipe connects to) had become "unbraised". In fact I could easily move it in and out. I sorted it with Screwfix polyurethane wood adhesive! If anyone's interested I'll let you know how I did it.
Derek
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

the leak i have appears to be coming from were the metal pipe screws into the pump and the joint is tight.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Last time I had this it was a crack in the body between one cylinder and a bolt hole, and the LHM was coming out of the thread of one of the fixing bolts on the collector casting near the pipe [:(]