ZX Induction kit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

ZX Induction kit

Post by oscarloco »

I found a cheap way to install a cone filter to my ZX. Basically its a flexible duct connected directly to the throttle body and then it goes behind the driver side headlight where it is attached to a K&N conical air filter. It makes a very cool sound and has better response. If anyone wants a picture, email me to oscarloco@yahoo.com.
Also, does somebody know how I can put a picture in a post or with my signature? My original plan was to put the picture in the forum so everybody could use the idea.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I wondered about that in mine as my standard air box is bent from when i crashed before and then you have that massive baffling box at the front etc behind the radiator. I have a spare cone filter at the moment as well so please drop me a mail to darren AT visagti.com
not sure how to insert photos here, only a few have managed it :)
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

To insert a image you need to host it somewhere, if your ISP provides you with webspace use that, alternatively free hosts can be found.
Then you need to click the reply to topic link at the top of the thread (dont just use the reply form at the foot of the page), you then have a reply form with some buttons, one of which adds a "img" and a "/img" tag to the message, all you have to do is put the url of the picture between these 2 tags to display a picture.
Hope this helps.
Anyway, here's a pic of my ZX, might have posted this before.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

looks immaculate, nice wheels as well
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Thanks, I try to keep it looking clean, its been looked after well by its previous owner and owned by me for almost 6 years now so its not had a bad life.
Think the wheels will be coming off soon though, sick of kids stealing the centre nuts and valve caps. The old wheels have been stored in my shed for about 5 years now and are starting to corrode round the edges. Should i just rub them down and spray them or get them done professionally, bearing in mind thats around £30-40 per wheel, then 4 new tyres, starting to look like £250-300
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

yer would add up to quite a bit, maybe just keep the current wheels and use them without centre nuts etc although if you sold them it would cover getting the other ones cleaned up and reshod
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Without the center caps and nuts they look terrible, the center cap is about 6 or 7 inch diameter and without them theres a big 2 inch diameter threaded part that sticks right up which the large nut screws onto to secure the center cap. Have tried just tightening the nut to stop them pinching them but if you do that the caps stick on and it would be almost impossible to remove at the side of the road if i got a puncture.
Think i might just rub down the old wheels and paint them up...seems a lot less hassle, unless someone could offer any other ideas?
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VLL</i>

To insert a image you need to host it somewhere, if your ISP provides you with webspace use that, alternatively free hosts can be found.
Then you need to click the reply to topic link at the top of the thread (dont just use the reply form at the foot of the page), you then have a reply form with some buttons, one of which adds a "img" and a "/img" tag to the message, all you have to do is put the url of the picture between these 2 tags to display a picture.
Hope this helps.
Anyway, here's a pic of my ZX, might have posted this before.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks for the help. By the way, you have a very cool ZX. Those wheels look incredible in your car.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Have you tried putting some sort of thread locker on the threads?
You'll get the advantage that the nut is difficult to remove without having to tighten the nuts right up.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Thats a great idea, cant beleive I never thought of that, the big center nuts come with a big plastic spanner to remove them so wont have any problem breaking threadloc, also should be safe enough to use on the valve caps also, just keep a spanner in the glove box handy to undo them.
And thanks for all the positive feedback on my car, its comments like that that make all the work keeping it in good shape worthwhile.
Thanks guys.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

How have you managed to avoid parking dents?? Both of my ZX's look like the dark side of the moon! I blame the Vectra owner's who live around me.[V] Those back doors are purpose made to be swung open into the rear quarters, by snotty nosed kids!![:(!] They're just the right shape to avoid the bump strips and strike panels with ball pein accuracy.
Dent Devil could retire if I let them loose on my car! [:D]
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

There are a couple of tiny parking dents one the drivers door where someone has hit it with their door, but other than that its ok.
I know what you mean though, i see some ZX's that have them all the way up the sides.
Mine is kept in a garage monday to friday, so it only moves at weekends, and if i'm going to the city i usually park at a mates and get the bus in so its remained in good condition, although it is at the aforementioned mates house that the little brats always steal bits from my wheels, think my car must be marked or something cos i went off my head at them once when their football hit my side window.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Ah yes, todays' society. You can't reprimand a child without some kind of comeback.[:(!] Whether it's constant vandalism of your property or their parents telling you, "not to tell their kids off!!"
The softly softly approach to parenting, the thugs of the 1980/90's bringing up children in their own image. Rant over![:D]
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Give me a dark night and a balaclava and i'll sort the wee brats out.
The worst bit is i know exactly which group of kids it is, have seen them eyeing up the wheels, and have noticed a couple of them have nice stainless steel valve caps on their bikes, unsurprisingly not long after i lost my first set, as for the centers they have no use for them, thats just mindless petty theft.....i'll steal their valve caps and water bottles and see how they like it!!!