Xara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

John F
My Cars:

Xara Picasso

Post by John F »

Hi, as some of you know from previous mails I have a slight mobility problem as does her indoors and I think a car that I get into or up and into would be better that my Xantia which we get down and into/up and out of. Would you guys have any comments or advice to make about the Picasso? I aim to buy an HDi if available.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/
People at work have found this site very helpfull, concerning picasso's[:D] Lots of owners with hands on experience.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I'm not sure.
My 80+ yr old grandma, waiting for 2 new hips has 11 children and numerous grandchildren so gets to try out a range of cars.
The one she finds easiest to get in and out of is a Merc SLK, which is very low but it is the huge doors which make for easy access.
John F
My Cars:

Post by John F »

Thanks Paranoid, I will try the picasso web site.
Homer, thanks also good advice but I don't like Mercs. Is that sad or what?
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

A family member had a Picasso as a motability car and found it the best so far to get in and out of .
You can virtually slide in and out because of the height and fairly large doors - a Focus C-max is similar but the gap is larger between door and seat (for some strange reason) so not as handy.
She found the only drawback with the Picasso was the reflection onto top of dash through large swept back windscreen,which can be a distraction on a sunny day.Mind you most mpvs are the same now.
The HDI is excellent for power and economy(Unfortunately my relative couldn`t afford it so stuck with 1.6 LX which returned over 40mpg)
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

I think they are a great car and as good as a Renault scenic maybe better. Certainly a better shape than a scenic. Id have one in a flash but they are not sold here in australia....[:(]