uk summer ramblings

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mark_sp

uk summer ramblings

Post by mark_sp »

Almost at the summer solcstice (in the UK) so plenty of evening light to work on the Xantia, or other projects. So with the best of intentions set out to attend to the rear breaks on the TD but somehow ended up working on the top patio (yes I have a botom patio as well). Now I know power tools and alcohol don't mix but somehow every time I set foot on the top patio and see the sun slowly setting I feel the need to bask (not sure of the spelling) in its glory while sipping 40% (minimum) by abv, and the favourite (only) female 14 yr old offspring has just returned from Bulgaria with a bottle of mature Brandy for me (and perfume for the other half, wonder what that says about me - and the offspring ?). Amazingly the top patio looks better than ever, and I managed to avoid nailing myself to the new posts and panels. Only downside to the evening (not sure it is a downside) but the offspring has tapped me up for Uni fees as she has decided that life as a Hairdresser/Manicurist (previous career choice) is not for her and she now intends to be a Lawyer !
Mark
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Tell her to stick to the lawyer or solicitor. Every time I look up at the house from the bottom of the garden I'm greatful for marring one (and all the money) not that I'm a kept man or any thing it's just nice to not worry. Mind you she likes a drink or two.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

14yr old off on holiday to bulgaria and buying alcohol?? school trip and very slack booze laws? :)
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

Holiday with family friends, booze chosen by daughter but bought by adult. Good choice though.
Wife got perfume.
Mark
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

ah makes more sense :)
patios are good as they lead to bbq's and more specifically bbq'd burgers