Mark SP's BX.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Mark SP's BX.

Post by tomsheppard »

Yesterday DLM and I embarked upon a 400 mile round trip to rescue Mark's TZD estate which was on offer to interested parties on this site. Although I hadn't seen it, I felt it was worth taking on. I was agreeably surprised by its condition. Mark clearly loves his cars and the BX was one of the best esrtates I have seen in some time, the body being almost completely dent free and the red paint glossy (which I wasn't expecting.) There will be some servicing jobs to do to prep the car for an MOT together with some electrical debugging, normal on a car that has been laid up for three months. Running back down the motorway, the whole car freed up and warmed through, arriving in Southampton running very sweetly. That turbodiesel engine is a revelation, very different to the 1.9. There is a distinct shove when the blower cuts in- addictively squirty, as I was warned. I'll keep you all posted with progress but until then, grateful Thanks to both DLM and Mark.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>There is a distinct shove when the blower cuts in- addictively squirty, as I was warned.
You'll never want to go back to normally aspirated.... One word of caution though, if you need to get out of a junction in a hurry, make sure you get the revs up to 2500 rpm BEFORE you let the clutch in - otherwise it just bogs down with no boost, and you have a brown trouser moment as the other cars approach - followed a couple of seconds later by another as it does come on boost with your foot flat on the floor, and it then tries to jump in the hedge / ditch etc. Fun when you look back at it, but heart in mouth at the time! The performace of the TD unit, coupled with the light weight of the BX makes for spirited performance that will embarass the drivers of many so called 'better' cars - which makes for even more fun!
Oh, I seem to be addicted too!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks for the good advice Richard. I am use to spooling up the blower having been posessed by numerous Saabs. The blown engine is so like a petrol engine that it is quite unlike a diesel!