WILL THESE ALLOYS FIT MY CITROEN ZX?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

matureoak
My Cars:

WILL THESE ALLOYS FIT MY CITROEN ZX?

Post by matureoak »

Hi. I have a citroen ZX 1.9TD Avantage. I have seen a set of alloys on eBay. Will these fit my car straight on? I do not want to start modifying etc. Here is a link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2457708795
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi,
well i have 15" rims, with 185 tyres on, they are ok with noone in the back but when 2 people r in it, every corner i go round, the arches rub on the wheels, so i would sya no they will not fit, sorry,
Dan
matureoak
My Cars:

Post by matureoak »

But I was under the impression that because they were in a Pug 306, they should automatically fit a zx? Where have I gone wrong?
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

i could be wrong, but im pretty sure, but if im correct...the pug could ahve been modified? i.e. arches modified to fit the alloys? standard is 14" on the ZX and in some cases 13", 16's might b pushin it...
DAn
matureoak
My Cars:

Post by matureoak »

Dan, I think you are right. 205 IS pushing it abit! But I have already placed a bid on them so I'll just have to see what happens when I get them as I certainly do not think anyone is going to outbid me now. Anyway, thanks for the info Dan. If anyone else has managed to get 205/45/16 wheels on a ZX?
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Try this website.
You can play with different tyre and rim sizes to match your standard tyre and rim size keeping the rolling diameter roughly the same at 70mph.
http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbible ... bible.html
I'm not sure about the width to fit a ZX, but that tyre size is not much different to a 185/60x14 in the rolling diameter.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

the most zx's had was 185 wide except for the 16v model which had 195 but its rear aches are much bigger and you may get 205's on them but I think you will have some serious rubbing on your normal zx. Only one way to find out though :)
matureoak
My Cars:

Post by matureoak »

Well in that case, I'll just have to wait and see! I'll post my findings to let you know what happens. It's just that I have just got my car tweaked by dervdoctor and the thing is hard to handle in first and second gear. I'd like a bit more grip.
matureoak
My Cars:

Post by matureoak »

Sooty, I am just going through the tyre bible you sent me. It is just fantastic. A BIG thankyou to you!