306 DTurbo problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cowles78
My Cars:

306 DTurbo problems

Post by Cowles78 »

Have been looking the the other Dturbo fault topics and am still stumped about what could be wrong.
The car suffers the lack of power issue as if the turbo is not there. It Just suddenly lost power on the motorway and hasn't been right since. Its a P reg with a mechanical fuel injector pump and exhaust gas recirc.
I have checked the pipe work and there seems to be no leaks. By squezzing the pipe and getting someone the rev the engine there appears to be pressurisation of the pipe leading to the intercooler, however I don't have a pressure gauge so I don't know if it is reaching full pressure. The turbos compressor wheel turns freely (by hand) and the wastegate valve is not jammed, the diaphram on the inlet side also moves when considerable force is applied to it.
As far i can see the only other options are a faulty fuel injector pump or the inlet gasket has blown. The fuel system has a new filter and has had all the air bleed out of it.
Does any one have any other ideas??
Thanks
Simon
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you checked the manifold pressure sensing pipe from the intercooler to the pump.
On the lucas pump the overfueling diaphragm can split and cause these symptoms.
Dave
Cowles78
My Cars:

Post by Cowles78 »

Have blown and sucked down the tube whilst it was attached the the fuel pump and it was able to hold pressure and a vacum without any apprent leaks.
I am just hoping someone has a posible solution as i don't want to mess with the fuel pump myself and i don't have access to the remove the inlet manifold as the EGR system gets in the way.
Simon
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

What is the overfueling diaphragm?
Is it a little rubber grommit type thing ont he outside left front of pump as you look at it?
Or is it under the mannifold pressure pipe?
I ask only because these symptons seem strangely common to mine.
Could it be???
Cheers
Blaggy
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

On the Bosch pump, the diaphragm is in the top of the pump where the manifold pressure sensing pipe enters. Simple undo the 4 screws and there underneath is the diaphragm.
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

And on the Lucas? Same place??
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

I'm not sure about the Lucas, sorry!
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

No probs-logicaly it must be close by!
Thanks
Blag
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

i could be wrong, but i think the diaphram on lucas pumps is underneath,a black round thing about an inch and half or so in diameter