Chassis number, how close can you get ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

puddle jumper
My Cars:

Chassis number, how close can you get ?

Post by puddle jumper »

The chassis number on my 95 Xantia 1.9 td LX is 11 cars up from the original model change over hence I have a face lifted Xantia built from every available bit of the old model (on a Friday afternoon around 5 pm I think ! )that dosn't show. Its a complete nightmare to buy bits for either from Citroen,factors or scrap yards. Can any one of you get closer to the change over on any model and if so do you have the same problem with parts. ?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Where did you get the chassis number reference for the changeover from - was this a main dealer? I thought the Citroen RP number if still in use in 1995 would allow you can calculate EXACTLY whether it was built on a Friday or not - and which one too. If it's as bad as you say then a digital camera is worth its weight in gold if you can take pics of the original parts where possible and show them to the parts suppliers. Some of the later BXs seem well-festooned with various Mk1 Xantia parts, and this doesn't always agree with the parts lists either.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

Only joking about the friday afternoon thing (It's a HGV mechanics thing around here when you have a vehicle thats not put together well. last thing before the weekend anybit will do !) as you say the citroen agent told me it was 11 cars past the change over from the RP number.