Is your e-mail off the air & you don't know it?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Is your e-mail off the air & you don't know it?

Post by alan s »

Had a call from a mate of mine telling me that his e-mails he was sending to me were being bounced.
After a lot of chasing around, I discover that my free web based e-mail service is so chock of garbage courtesy of the Sobig virus, that they have had to shut up shop to sort it out. I posted on a board in Oz & discover that even some of the Universities have had ten times the normal amount of traffic & are in a state of chaos.
I haven't been infected, but apparently this mongrel thing is so big it is closing entire service providers down.
The moral of the story is, that if all of a sudden you find your e-mail inbox is constantly empty when you expect at least a bit of action, check the status of your account & find out if you are being starved of mail due to this thing.
From what I understand, anything sent to you that is bounced, won't resend once the service is back up & running, so better hope that nothing important is sent.
Alan S
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Well, all's well that ends well.
Everything back to normal....but for how long? Until the next evil b@#$%^&d comes up with another one no doubt.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
Alan S[8]
Roscoe
My Cars:

Post by Roscoe »

Hi Alan
Quick question for you and Jon...where do you get the 'smileys' from to add to your posts. I have them on my normal Outlook Microcrap email program, but can't export them across to the bulletin boards..
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

At the bottom of the message, you'll see "Reply to topic" in red.
When you click on there, a message box comes up foor you to put your message in & to the left you'll see all the smileys.
Just point & click.
If you've been using the fast response feature, these smileys don't appear.
Alan S
Roscoe
My Cars:

Post by Roscoe »

Ah ha...thanks for the tip Alan. I was using the fast response window.
cheers, Roscoe [:)]