Exhausted.. you will be!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philbar
My Cars:

Exhausted.. you will be!!!!

Post by philbar »

Just a quickie.... tonight i fitted a scorpion large bore exhaust sytem to my 306 d turbo.... and what a bloody nightmare... never again.... any genetic engineers out there if you could please design a person with 15 pair of hands with 2 foot long fingers and totally flexible bones.. then you will have the perfect exhaust fitter...
Yours on the verge of collapse and breakdown
Phil[:o)]

Post by 306 »

Sounds like you had fun Phil!!!
It's a bit late now, But!!! I find using a few sissor jacks works a
treat, you can just jack up all of the exhaust in place then seal
and bolt when your ready.
Does it sound nice Phil?
I've always liked the scorpion stuff [:D]
Regards Paul...
philbar
My Cars:

Post by philbar »

Hi Paul,
I used trolley jacks to place the exhaust system, it was the turbo end which is a real git to get at...the bloody bolts just turned and had to be held from the back hence the need for a flexible bone system[:(!][:(!]... feeding my hands between the gearchange linkage. the subframe and other bits really are fun and should be tried by all d-turbo owners[B)]....[xx(]at least it fitted first time and is well made, i chose the single 3 inch tailpipe that way doesnt look"max power" and i didnt have to cut the rear valance...
It sounds ok[:D].. not so intrusive, but deeper when accelerating, tick over it has a more boomy sound but not so it scares dogs[?] , I already have a k&n airfilter/induction kit so with them both now it has lost alot of the diesel rattle... and yes i have noticed a marked improvement in performance...[:D][:D][8D]
Phil[:o)]