Front Bumper Wireing

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Front Bumper Wireing

Post by 306 »

Hi
Was talking to a pug mechanic the other day, who told me a few things to look out for on the 306's, the one thing he told me that was most concerning was that the wireing harness behind the front bumper rotts, and can cause all sorts of electrical problems when on it's way, leading to a possible fire?
Has anyone else had any experience with this, or heard of it before?
l8r
peugeot

Post by peugeot »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 306</i>

Hi
Was talking to a pug mechanic the other day, who told me a few things to look out for on the 306's, the one thing he told me that was most concerning was that the wireing harness behind the front bumper rotts, and can cause all sorts of electrical problems when on it's way, leading to a possible fire?
Has anyone else had any experience with this, or heard of it before?
l8r
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Fathers' Day brought a visit from my daughter. So what! I hear you say! She also brought her 306, so I took the opportunity to put it on ramps and have a look underneath. I didn't see any wiring that isn't on any of our other Citroen cars. I think you might be worrying for nothing.