1992 1600-405 auto ESTATE STARTING/CARB PROBS

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SHILTON

1992 1600-405 auto ESTATE STARTING/CARB PROBS

Post by SHILTON »

When came into possesion of the car two weeks ago I done the usual things new plugs, distributer cap, oil change etc. The solex auto choke came already adjusted!?! and is of no use at all. Although the car starts ok when cold if you keep the accelerator at about 2000 revs for 2-3 mins but then runs lumpy until the engine warms up then its ok. Is it ok to start the car without the choke and knowing this type of choke is a nightmare to fix/adjust should I just ignore the problem - any input would be helpfull
P.S does any body know why the engine stalls when its in drive and the handbrake applied but will idle for hours when only the footbrake is used
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

If you feel it's worth it then £50-ish would get you a manual choke conversion kit (unless you can find an unwanted, reduced one on a factor's shelf or one in a scrappy attached to a car).
Alternatively, there are 2 things to check (haven't done this myself so it's all theory)
(1) Bleed the coolant, leaving the top of the autochoke feed till last (assuming it's the top point of the cooling system on this particular model).
(2) Change the waxstat in the choke itself.
David