Citroen C5 X7 Tourer - engine died
-
Huntmaster650
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 01 Jul 2025, 18:26
- x 4
Citroen C5 X7 Tourer - engine died
My wife's 2.0 HDi Tourer (2009) cut out the other day. After trying to start it unsuccessfully, I locked and unlocked the fob and it started, then drove 20 miles with no further issues. Checked the OBD2 codes, came up with P1166 - fuel pressure. The car also showed Faulty Engine Management System on the dash. Cleared everything, but the next day it died again. I turned up 15 minutes later, locked and unlocked, started first time but cut in and out a couple of times on the way home. Code P 1166 again and also the code for the crankshaft sensor. Today, I changed the sensor and fitted a new diesel filter. So far, fingers crossed, running perfectly and much smoother at tickover.
-
owl
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Citroen C5 X7 Tourer - engine died
Thank you for sharing your experience. All these is worth its weight in gold ( I mean FIXED ones); I wish everyone would share the malfunctions they experience and their successful repairs.
-
the-termin8r
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
- x 145
Re: Citroen C5 X7 Tourer - engine died
If it's an RHF engine like I suspect then it's probably the fuel pressure regulator on the way out. It's a known issue. My old 2L used to stutter, never had a stall though. Replacing the FPR cleared it up.
- Rob
My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.
If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive
My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.
If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive