I’ve tried two SD cards, both from different manufacturers but one of them was Philips. I don’t think my problem is the SD cards.
It seems my problem occurs with Mac or Windows computers, both loads of 2.7.7 getting stuck at the same point when using USB. “Checking CRC Media”. Both usbs verified as having no hidden files on them by those who know more than me.
I made CDs previously but they have been ejected without much thought by the cd player, however, it is possible that I didn’t burn them in on the correct format (Joliet) so I may explore that. I have read conflicting reports as to the use of USB software with CDs being preferred. I am just rounding off today with a change of USB cable, but that’s a bit of a long shot. Failing that I’m considering an Android upgrade, this may be sensible anyway as the satnav no longer gets traffic advice and the number of FM stations is sketchy and declining.
There doesn’t seem to be a 2.7.5 cd so I can’t put a direct copy of the same software back in. Pleased to hear it worked for you though and a very sensible thought.
How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
-
iPlayForKeepsNZ
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 05 Aug 2026, 20:59
- x 1
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
From my experience I would just buy the V2.86 firmware CD from a main dealer - part number 9691894880
cost me just under £19
then put the original SD Card in and insert the firmware CD
hopefully that works for you
cost me just under £19
then put the original SD Card in and insert the firmware CD
hopefully that works for you
-
Moz99
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 Aug 2026, 11:01
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
Thanks for the input, will give that a try first. I have recovered my user files already.
I’m pretty sure my SD card is dead as it won’t clone and looks unusual ( too much heat?).
If the CD doesn’t work then I will try and source some older 8Gb or 16Gb SD cards, as modern cards may well be incompatible with old hardware.
Thanks again,
Will update when I have a CD and have tried your method.
I’m pretty sure my SD card is dead as it won’t clone and looks unusual ( too much heat?).
If the CD doesn’t work then I will try and source some older 8Gb or 16Gb SD cards, as modern cards may well be incompatible with old hardware.
Thanks again,
Will update when I have a CD and have tried your method.
-
le_samaritin
- New User
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Oct 2026, 19:35
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Jan 2025, 12:04 The reset method I described using the white switched generally triggers the CD to boot from, but you can try having the extracted firmware on a FAT32 formatted USB.
If you require the V2.80 firmware in ISO format to burn your own CD-R, then see t he link below:
RT6 Firmware V2.80 ISO
Cool, but the link is dead. Is it possible to get it again?
-
xantia_v6
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 10971
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
- x 1459
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
That link was shared by a member who is no longer active on this forum, so I think that you will need to look somewhere else, maybe someone here kept a copy of the file.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9360
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1938
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
@le_samaritin Check your PM for a link.
Usual terms. Use at own risk, etc.
Usual terms. Use at own risk, etc.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Moz99
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 Aug 2026, 11:01
Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
Just an update to my faulty SD card issue. Having tried many ideas and suggestions to preserve as closely as possible my 2.75 firmware (for which I’m very grateful) and suffered the same error no matter how I did it (Mac/Windows/CD/USB); I have bitten the bullet and purchased a 2.86 cd from eBay. I copied the set up files using the Myrascript software prior to doing this and found this to be very important (see page 1 of this conversation).
The good news is the 2.86 disk worked, but after the first load I was left with a permanent bleeping noise in the car. I reloaded the firmware and the beeping disappeared.
I was left with the mileage in km so at this point I used my Myrascript USB. Everything is working as it should now as far as I can see, so parking sensors are at normal volume, phone has no echo, dashboard buttons are fine etc etc. Now all I need is the maps.
Once again, thanks to all for advice and help.
Moz
The good news is the 2.86 disk worked, but after the first load I was left with a permanent bleeping noise in the car. I reloaded the firmware and the beeping disappeared.
I was left with the mileage in km so at this point I used my Myrascript USB. Everything is working as it should now as far as I can see, so parking sensors are at normal volume, phone has no echo, dashboard buttons are fine etc etc. Now all I need is the maps.
Once again, thanks to all for advice and help.
Moz