Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
lteuer
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Jul 2026, 16:01
x 2

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by lteuer »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and landed here due to wipers suddenly stopped on my C5 X7 Tourer (2014 2.0HDi).
My inital problem has been localized to the master motor (LHD) which was totally stuck - no possible movement at all.
Verdict: need a new assembly --> bought a new replacement item (ca. 300 euros).. installed.. and et voilá.. still not working :shock:
Checked the passanger side motor - that was working properly when removed from the chassis and gave direct 12VDC to the motor.
Read here, that if master motor doesn't get input from the slave unit than it won't work at all... so started to assess the wiring.
The master connector looked okay, but on the slave side I have found the corrosion both inside connector and motor socket as shown on pictures below.
20260727_174235.jpg
20260727_174254.jpg
Exactly at plith for bus-link between master and slave.
Disassabled the connector, cleanded with wire-brush and isopropyl alcohol spary, dried with pressurized air and put together.... ignition... test... [-o< still not working.
Made sure that both motors are at their low position from mechanical point of view, removed both connectors to release any voltage from the PCBs inside.
Reconnected the wirings, performed a BSI reset, and WORKING ever since!!! :-D

Thank you for all of you who have posted any experiences beforehand - You helped a lot!
reidman
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Oct 2026, 14:41

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by reidman »

Hi

I have a 2009 X5 Xy 2.2HDI estate and wipers just didnt turn on one day. Could be they were blocked somehow without me knowing.
I checked all fuses in all three fuse boxes (four even), BSM (including reset), connectors, etc. No signs of issues.

I dont have a diag tool and car behaves as if wipers work. No error, washer fluid pump works, auto wipe turns on off, just no movement.
Nothing burnt.. So I am thinking magnets might not be aligned or something else somehow.

Fuses all OK and contact spray applied.
BSM seems OK. Everything else works OK
Connectors seem OK (of wiper motors and otherwise)
I took out and disassembled both wiper motors and mechanisms and electric boards seem OK.
I cleand the mechanisms, applied grease, with both moving with ease. No mechanical issue.
I tried both motors connecting them to 12v and both turn OK in both directions. Just not when connected to the car.
If I only connect the LHD driver side motor (the left one which should be master, nothing changes. Other way around same.

It seems magnets are fixed well and probably in correct place, but I am attaching photos if someone can advise if they are positioned correctly..

Appreciate if you check photos and chime in with other options.
20261007_184857.jpg
20261007_184834.jpg
Estately
Donor 2024
Posts: 223
Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 20:50
x 22

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by Estately »

Hi,
Driver's side should be the master.
You say 12v applied to either motor turns the motor which sounds good.
Can you get 12v from the car wiper wiring ?
Better still once you identify the feed, it would be worth testing under load with, for example, some wire and a 12v bulb while switching at the control stalk.
Hope that helps.
Andy.
If it can happen it will.
reidman
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Oct 2026, 14:41

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by reidman »

Thank you for your response. I was thinking the same thing but I don't know which pins are for what on car side wiper connectors. Is there a pin description? 12v= and - ?

I don't want to fry anything. And does the car actually provide power if not connected to wiper mainboard for any mandatory communication exchange before providing power?

I have a number of 12v comsumers I can try. Bulb, small 12 motor, etc.. As long as I know which pin to connect them to.

I need to add that I plugged in just the both wiper mainboards (without motors) and tried to measure voltage on the 12v pins on maiboards usually going to motor to power them when assembled, and it did not show any voltage.

So motors are fine, but aren't getting any current either from mainboard or from car itself. Having a map of pins for both sides of car (LHD) would help greatly.
Estately
Donor 2024
Posts: 223
Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 20:50
x 22

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by Estately »

So the driver's side will be worth checking.
I do not have wiring diagram sorry.
However with the motors unplugged, which I guess you have, and ignition on, from the stalk turn to the constant position for wipers on.
With the voltmeter check for 12v on the pins etc., pin to good earth point.
That should check for continuity in the wiring and the switching in the stalk if you can find 12v.
If your voltmeter can check for continuity/resistance you could try the pins for continuity to earth, but obviously avoid the 12v pin.
Hope that helps.
Andy.
If it can happen it will.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21153
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8121

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

This is the typical wiring diagram for your car, without the RPO number I cannot be any more accurate from my backup system:

:)
C5 X7 Washwipe.pdf
Diagram using 11890 as an RPO for 2009 cars
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!