Recomended Diagnostics to use.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.
siddenham
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Oct 2023, 10:54

Recomended Diagnostics to use.

Unread post by siddenham »

Hi All,
First post, so bear with me.
I have a CF19 Toughbook with XP Professional, and I've only used it for HGV repairs. I want to use it on my RCZ 200 and my C6 2.7 hdi; I would also include it for my wife's C3.
What diagnostics software do you recommend for this computer, and where can I buy it?
I already have an ACTIA PSA XS EVOL A.1281 Z with all required cables. I originally was going to use it with a VM-supported program, but it was hopeless on a poor CF-27 Panasonic Toughbook with insufficient guts.
All advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers Sid. :help2: ps Love the smiles.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21148
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8120

Re: Recomended Diagnostics to use.

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Can you confirm which years your cars are, as it may affect software suggestions.
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
siddenham
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Oct 2023, 10:54

Re: Recomended Diagnostics to use.

Unread post by siddenham »

Thanks for the reply and for allowing the post. My RCZ is 2011/12; my C6 is a 58 plate, and my wife's C3 has 43,000 miles and is a 52 vintage.
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
Posts: 275
Joined: 07 May 2020, 09:19
x 77

Re: Recomended Diagnostics to use.

Unread post by cit-rotti »

On an XP computer, only the Diagbox 7.xx software can be installed, which is suitable for vehicles up to early 2015.
This works for the C6.
It also works for the C3, provided it was not manufactured after 2014.
Version 7.57 of the software is very stable.

Regards, Wolfgang
siddenham
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Oct 2023, 10:54

Re: Recomended Diagnostics to use.

Unread post by siddenham »

Thanks, Wolfgang, invaluable advice. I will now have a better chance to look for the right full-chip Diagbox software I require.
I'm still unsure about my ACTIA PSA XS A.1281-Z hardware. I'm not certain if it's usable for Fullchip or needs VM assistance.