Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help me with an issue I’m having with DiagBox 9.186 on a vehicle fitted with a SID807 engine ECU.
I recently physically refilled the diesel additive/PAC/Eolys reservoir and I’m now trying to get the ECU to recognise the refill and clear the related fault.
In DiagBox I went into the HDI_SID807_BR2 ECU, then Pack Repair, Replacement Parts, and selected “Filling of the Diesel Additive Adding Reservoir”. The procedure completed successfully and DiagBox displayed “Learning completed”, so I assumed the refill had been registered correctly.
However, when I go back into the fault codes, I still have an “Additive ageing” fault showing, along with several “Intersystems CAN” faults.
I then tried to erase the faults. On the first attempt, DiagBox displayed “Not enough memory, switch off the ignition and switch it on again.”
I followed the instruction, switched the ignition off and then back on, and tried to erase the faults again. This time it gave me “Erase faults failed.”
I also noticed in the PEF maintenance section that it shows “Distance remaining before replacement of the PEF: 0 km”. I’m not sure whether this is connected to the additive issue or whether it is a completely separate maintenance counter.
What I’m mainly trying to understand is whether “Learning completed” means the additive reservoir refill has actually been successfully registered, why DiagBox would first give the “Not enough memory” message and then “Erase faults failed” after cycling the ignition, and whether the Intersystems CAN faults could be preventing the ECU from clearing the additive fault.
I’d also like to know whether the Additive ageing fault should disappear automatically after carrying out the refill procedure or whether there is another reset or initialisation procedure that needs to be performed.
Finally, is the PEF replacement counter showing 0 km a completely separate issue that should only be reset if the particle filter has actually been replaced?
Any advice on what I should check or try next would be greatly appreciated.
Yesterday 21:23
DiagBox 9.186 SID807 – “Not enough memory” followed by “Erase faults failed” after PAC/Eolys refill
-
Krazy8
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 18 Jul 2026, 15:08
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12583
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1487
Re: DiagBox 9.186 SID807 – “Not enough memory” followed by “Erase faults failed” after PAC/Eolys refill
If you look in the live data you can see how much additive it thinks it has; this will tell you whether it has registered the fill or not. When I did mine (2017 1.6 C4 Picasso) a couple of months ago, it ran the refill procedure and cleared the fault code all at the same time.
The PEF life remaining is a separate issue - there is a pre-programmed life of the filter, after which it will say it is end of life and should be replaced, due to ash accumulation. However, in most cases, they ae still good for many more miles yet. Check what the pressure differential is and if it's 3-5 mbar at idle and <40 at 3000 rpm, and the regen frequency is say more than 300km average, then it should be good to go, and you can jut run the 'replacement DPF' procedure - best if you can to work out when it will regen it, and then catch it soon after that. Even if the pressures / frequency are high, you could remove it and back flush it to wash the ash out which should pretty much restore it.
The PEF life remaining is a separate issue - there is a pre-programmed life of the filter, after which it will say it is end of life and should be replaced, due to ash accumulation. However, in most cases, they ae still good for many more miles yet. Check what the pressure differential is and if it's 3-5 mbar at idle and <40 at 3000 rpm, and the regen frequency is say more than 300km average, then it should be good to go, and you can jut run the 'replacement DPF' procedure - best if you can to work out when it will regen it, and then catch it soon after that. Even if the pressures / frequency are high, you could remove it and back flush it to wash the ash out which should pretty much restore it.
Richard W