Hi,
Looking for advice or anyone who's experienced something similar with their van:
It's a Vauxhall Movano (2023) – 2.2l 140bhp, 8,000 miles. (same as/similar to Peugeot Boxer)
Had the 2-year service recently (which included the KPT software update). Right after picking it up, I noticed a rhythmic pulsating noise coming from the offside (driver's side) of the engine bay.
A few specific details on when it happens:
Only present once the engine is fully warmed up and idling (at tickover).
Comes in a few seconds after taking my foot off the accelerator.
Increasing the revs makes the noise disappear instantly.
It seems to be gradually getting louder over time.
It's been back to the dealership under warranty multiple times. They replaced the accessory drive belt and tensioner, but the noise is still there.
Has anyone else encountered this on the 2.2 BlueHDi engine, or know if the KPT software update changes idle fueling/EGR behaviour that might cause this?
Any insights or suggestions on what to have them check next would be much appreciated!
2023 2.2 (140bhp) – Warm idle pulsating noise from offside (post-KPT update)
-
Movanosid
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Today, 15:02
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21127
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8114
Re: 2023 2.2 (140bhp) – Warm idle pulsating noise from offside (post-KPT update)
A complete shot in the dark, I wonder if it is either the EGR or the PCV valves chattering? 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!