2013 DS3 Airstream D Sport 1.6 hdi - Water collecting in the passenger door

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Starkebab
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Apr 2026, 08:39

2013 DS3 Airstream D Sport 1.6 hdi - Water collecting in the passenger door

Unread post by Starkebab »

I have an ocean apparently in the passenger door of my car whenever it rains and I can't see how it is getting in but more importantly there doesnt seem to be any "drain holes" to let it out?

I have a suspicion or hunch that the door may have been repaired after an accident at some point and possibly something wasn't put back correctly or something has been filled?

Can some one help me with possible causes and also if there are supposed to be drain holes?

Thanks in advance.

SK
PaulC5
Donor 2024
Posts: 2613
Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
x 681

Re: 2013 DS3 Airstream D Sport 1.6 hdi - Water collecting in the passenger door

Unread post by PaulC5 »

If the other doors have drain holes then I would expect the passenger one to have them.
Starkebab
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Apr 2026, 08:39

Re: 2013 DS3 Airstream D Sport 1.6 hdi - Water collecting in the passenger door

Unread post by Starkebab »

Hi,
This is the thing. I cannot see "obvious" drain holes in the driver door so I am thinking it must be the seal letting water down? Is it also normal for water to get down into the door or does the seal stop it completely?

J