peugeot diesel engine

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
roseland
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Oct 2026, 15:00

peugeot diesel engine

Unread post by roseland »

Hi
I am new to the group. I have a 2010 peugeot 308 sw with engine code 9HX fitted I need to fit a new engine will one with the code 9HP be a straight swap or is there other components that would need to be changed any advice would be apricated please ?
Last edited by roseland on 04 Oct 2026, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21127
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8114

Re: peugeot diesel engine

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

I have moved your topic here to the Peugeot forum where you have a better chance of some assistance, :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
roseland
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Oct 2026, 15:00

Re: peugeot diesel engine

Unread post by roseland »

Thank You
User avatar
Mihael_M
Donor 2024
Posts: 195
Joined: 14 Aug 2024, 18:58
x 37

Re: peugeot diesel engine

Unread post by Mihael_M »

Those two engines are similar, yet they have significant differences. It is neither advisable nor likely cost-effective. In addition to the engine itself, you would need to remove the electronics (ECU and wiring) and handle the electronic coding (BSI module, keys) from the donor vehicle so that the car would recognize the new engine and start at all.
roseland
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Oct 2026, 15:00

Re: peugeot diesel engine

Unread post by roseland »

Mihael_M wrote: Yesterday, 18:49 Those two engines are similar, yet they have significant differences. It is neither advisable nor likely cost-effective. In addition to the engine itself, you would need to remove the electronics (ECU and wiring) and handle the electronic coding (BSI module, keys) from the donor vehicle so that the car would recognize the new engine and start at all.
Hi Mihael
Thank you very much for your very helpful information have a nice day 8-)