CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by CitroJim »

A small selection of my particular favourites...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/s ... XGohRuOD1E

Hardly a sh1tbox even if the numberpate suggests it is :lol:
2026-10-01-0010.jpg
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
John Pankhurst
(Donor 2026)
Posts: 76
Joined: 12 Mar 2026, 11:57
x 44

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by John Pankhurst »

I think I need a POO. And would rather like this plate too 8-)
BXI.jpeg
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28710
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5672

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: 02 Oct 2026, 05:53 A small selection of my particular favourites...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/s ... XGohRuOD1E

Hardly a sh1tbox even if the numberpate suggests it is :lol:

Image
Twin sister to my 'F' reg BX, but slightly less pink.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 02 Oct 2026, 10:57 Twin sister to my 'F' reg BX, but slightly less pink.
:lol: :lol:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Richard_C
(Donor 2026)
Posts: 774
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:31
x 228

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by Richard_C »

Nice cars, nice pictures. I had a white TZD so photo brings back happy memories. I think this one's infill panel around the number plate was non standard but there was a phase of manufactuers adding trin or black panales to make the cars look widers and lower. A optical illusuion stuff but appeared on Sierra, Carlton, Granada, Cavalier etc all about the same time. I only had it a bit over a year, it got sold when the company I worked for gave me a car - I chose a Granada 2.9 auto from a limited list. The BX did about 40mpg, the Granada 23 but on a hurry-up day that could drop to 19. But it had the ultimate accessory - a company funded fuel card for all business and private use.

Back to the BX - I prefered the early drum speedometer and 'lego brick'switchgear. The TZD had normal stalks and even self-cancelling indicators: far too normal.

The POO letters seem vaguely familiar, I think in the old scheme of things OO was Essex and some of the Ford works rally cars were POO.
Richard_C

Current:C4 Max Hybrid, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C4 Picasso,C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk1, Maxi, VWT2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9357
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1938

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by Paul-R »

Richard_C wrote: 03 Oct 2026, 10:13The POO letters seem vaguely familiar, I think in the old scheme of things OO was Essex and some of the Ford works rally cars were POO.
They certainly were. Famously (to me at least) was Russell Brrokes' Mk2 Escort POO504R.

Image
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55083
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8389

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by CitroJim »

Pleased the photos were enjoyed Richard :-D
Richard_C wrote: 03 Oct 2026, 10:13 Back to the BX - I prefered the early drum speedometer and 'lego brick'switchgear. The TZD had normal stalks and even self-cancelling indicators: far too normal.
I agree 8-)
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
John Pankhurst
(Donor 2026)
Posts: 76
Joined: 12 Mar 2026, 11:57
x 44

Re: CCC Chevrons Rally 2026 - Photos

Unread post by John Pankhurst »

The GT has a combination of both. 'Sporty' and a bit creaky :-D
IMG20231129130859.jpg
IMG20231129132722.jpg