Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
-
Xantyprido888
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 13 Jul 2026, 10:30
Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
Please someone help me! I’ve tried using the AI TO help me and it keeps giving me the wrong information
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
I had to do a search to even find out what a Link G4X is. I doubt anyone will be able to help you but you never know. Good luck.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Xantyprido888
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 13 Jul 2026, 10:30
Re: Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
Well u don’t but some else might.
At least Im giving it a go
At least Im giving it a go
-
PaulC5
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 2615
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
- x 682
Re: Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
Also had to look it up and so others do not need to, apparently a Link g4x is a programmable engine ecu.
-
shtu
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 260
- Joined: 09 Dec 2023, 16:19
- x 76
Re: Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
Your other thread has one side of the problem,
viewtopic.php?t=90348
And this thread has a (simplified) diagram for the other, post by AdamW,
https://forums.linkecu.com/topic/12046- ... al-wiring/
There's no ready-made solution to a job like this, it's not a Barra
. Start with the wiring diagrams, and a single component, eg, Crank Sensor. Find out which pinouts cover that as existing, and then map those to the Link pinouts. Do not change focus until you have that first component figured out. Only then move to the next component. Repeat.
Eventually, you'll have a list of every component, and where it goes on the new ECU. Build a list, I'd use Excel to do it, so you end up with every sensor input you need, which existing wires/pins are used, and which wires/pins you need to use on the Link. Only then do you start chopping wires.
I'd think you need a bare minimum of
Crank Sensor
Cam Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Air Temperature Sensor
Water Temperature Sensor
Manifold\Boost Pressure Sensor
(Knock sensor?)
Injector Drives
Ignition Drives
Though you will be at least partially led by what the current ECU has, though with the age of it I can't imagine it's all that complex.
viewtopic.php?t=90348
And this thread has a (simplified) diagram for the other, post by AdamW,
https://forums.linkecu.com/topic/12046- ... al-wiring/
There's no ready-made solution to a job like this, it's not a Barra
Eventually, you'll have a list of every component, and where it goes on the new ECU. Build a list, I'd use Excel to do it, so you end up with every sensor input you need, which existing wires/pins are used, and which wires/pins you need to use on the Link. Only then do you start chopping wires.
I'd think you need a bare minimum of
Crank Sensor
Cam Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Air Temperature Sensor
Water Temperature Sensor
Manifold\Boost Pressure Sensor
(Knock sensor?)
Injector Drives
Ignition Drives
Though you will be at least partially led by what the current ECU has, though with the age of it I can't imagine it's all that complex.
-
Xantyprido888
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 13 Jul 2026, 10:30
Re: Trying to wire a LINK G4X ATOM X TO MY XU10J2CTE? Has anyone done it?
Thanks heaps shutu, sorry if I spelled that wrong. I wrote it out then realised I had a few things wrong then questioned myself and got paranoid then now Im just testing everything running new wires for the big stuff.
It’s good to learn and good to know
It’s good to learn and good to know