Eolys problem

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum
David I
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Sep 2024, 08:45

Eolys problem

Unread post by David I »

C4GP 2016 1.6 Bluehdi 120 - Last year 2025, I had my local garage top up my Eolys (PATS) fluid as a precaution as I had reached 80K miles. I have recently ran a diagnostic Foxwell NT710 on my car and there are 2 Diesel additive codes:

B100C-1C Intermittent ECU supply fault-voltage outside range
B2EB0-00 Intermittent Additive reservoir empty fault

I removed the Eolys tank cover to inspect the tank. When I tap the tank (bottom/sides) it sounds hollow/empty. The wiring all looks good and I tested the pump via diagnostics and there is a clear clicking sound from the pump solenoid. Apart from a tiny smear of black sticky stuff on the top fill connector there are no signs of a leak on the tank, tank cover or in the local area.

I went back to the garage and they said they would have added 1 litre of fluid and that if the tank sound empty then there must be a leak further up from the tank and they would need to book the car in for testing, to which there is a 3 week wait.

If someone could help me with a few questions:

If there had been a leak, would it be obvious (residue of some kind)
Could the tank be full even though it sounds hollow/empty when I tap it
Should I add new fluid myself and check for leaks (process looks simple enough)
Any other areas I should investigate

Thanks in advance
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21115
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8110

Re: Eolys problem

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Have you been into the repair menu on the diagnostic kit and reset the counter to zero? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!