2014 C4 grand picasso power steering problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Albertsimon
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Jul 2024, 14:31

2014 C4 grand picasso power steering problem

Unread post by Albertsimon »

Hi everyone,
My 2014 Grand picasso 1.6 diesel has a few problems.
The story is that last winter and also early this summer I got a warning that said " Charge fault- turn off the vehicle". After turning it off and on again the problem went away.

Well in August my power steering started to go off. At first it was just one time, and came back on when I restarted the car. But it started happening more often until finally it went out and hasn't come back, apart from two times when it came back on for 10-15 min before shutting off again.

A garage messured my battery to get low so i got the battery replaced but that did not fix the problem with the power steering.

I plugged a car scanning tool and these are the codes that came up

U1400, U1133, U1134 related to the alternator and lin bus and

C1400, C1406 related to the power steering.

Any tips for what to do next?

Regards,
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21083
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8091

Re: 2014 C4 grand picasso power steering problem

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Have you measured the voltage at the battery with the engine running, ie the alternator output? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!