Hi, I’m new to the forum. (Glasgow, UK)
I own a 2007 Peugeot Partner Combi 1.6D, which has recently developed a number of electrical issues that are making me suspect a possible BSI fault.
I’m looking to get the vehicle properly scanned using the appropriate Peugeot diagnostic equipment — Lexia/DiagBox/PP2000 (or equivalent) — to try and establish whether the BSI is actually at fault before I start looking at replacement or cloning options.
I’ve checked the member map and it looks like there may be one, possibly two, active members in my area who might be able to help with a diagnostic scan.
I have a full list of the electrical symptoms, including issues with the indicators, hazards, wipers, lights, fuel gauge etc., and I also have the VIN number to hand if that would be useful.
If anyone local has the appropriate diagnostic equipment and would be willing to help, I’d really appreciate it. Obviously happy to cover any reasonable costs for your time.
Thanks in advance.
P
BSI diagnostic required Glasgow lexia/Diagbox/planet
-
Pugsake
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Sep 2026, 16:48
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21080
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8091
Re: BSI diagnostic required Glasgow lexia/Diagbox/planet
Hi and
There are indeed some members with Lexia in your area so hopefully one of them will see your post and be able to help. In the meantime the faults you mention sound to me that the battery may be your issue. While waiting for some help check the battery voltage with everything turned off, it should read about 12.7V and again with the headlights and rear window heater on, it should not drop below 12.4, then run the engine and check the voltage across the battery, it should be around 14V with the alternator working properly. If the battery shows lower voltage in the initial test, you can try an overnight recharge to see if it comes up to spec, if not a replacement battery will be needed. On replacing the battery, be it new or your own recharged be sure to follow the BSI reset procedure in the link below:
viewtopic.php?p=601679#p601679
There are indeed some members with Lexia in your area so hopefully one of them will see your post and be able to help. In the meantime the faults you mention sound to me that the battery may be your issue. While waiting for some help check the battery voltage with everything turned off, it should read about 12.7V and again with the headlights and rear window heater on, it should not drop below 12.4, then run the engine and check the voltage across the battery, it should be around 14V with the alternator working properly. If the battery shows lower voltage in the initial test, you can try an overnight recharge to see if it comes up to spec, if not a replacement battery will be needed. On replacing the battery, be it new or your own recharged be sure to follow the BSI reset procedure in the link below:
viewtopic.php?p=601679#p601679
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
Pugsake
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Sep 2026, 16:48
Re: BSI diagnostic required Glasgow lexia/Diagbox/planet
Thanks for the reply, and suggestion, however, with these being intermittent faults, and the battery already checked, my understanding is it's likely a BSI failure
Here is a more in depth list of symptoms.
Indicators: work initially when the ignition is switched on, but after a short/variable period, sometimes just a few seconds, the external indicators stop working. The dashboard indicator continues flashing, but changes to rapid flashing.
Hazards: work initially, but after a short/variable period the external lights stop working. The hazard indicators continue showing/flashing on the dashboard.
Sidelights: dashboard illumination works, but the external front/rear sidelights can work briefly then stop working.
Dipped headlights: work normally.
Main beam: works normally.
Windscreen washer: works.
Wipers: completely dead on all settings. I've checked the 30A wiper fuse and it is intact.
Fuel gauge: intermittently reads incorrectly/behaves strangely.
Seatbelt warning: stays illuminated even when the belt is fastened.
Engine: starts and runs normally.
I carried out a BSI reset. This only corrected the fuel gauge temporarily/partly.
My usual garage has suggested taking it to Peugeot for a proper diagnostic.
I phoned Arnold Clark Peugeot in Glasgow and was quoted £168 for the first hour, they also currently have around a 4-week wait.
I'm aware that a cloned BSI is an option if the BSI turns out to be faulty. So, first step is the diagnostic to establish that's definitely the problem.
Thanks
P
Here is a more in depth list of symptoms.
Indicators: work initially when the ignition is switched on, but after a short/variable period, sometimes just a few seconds, the external indicators stop working. The dashboard indicator continues flashing, but changes to rapid flashing.
Hazards: work initially, but after a short/variable period the external lights stop working. The hazard indicators continue showing/flashing on the dashboard.
Sidelights: dashboard illumination works, but the external front/rear sidelights can work briefly then stop working.
Dipped headlights: work normally.
Main beam: works normally.
Windscreen washer: works.
Wipers: completely dead on all settings. I've checked the 30A wiper fuse and it is intact.
Fuel gauge: intermittently reads incorrectly/behaves strangely.
Seatbelt warning: stays illuminated even when the belt is fastened.
Engine: starts and runs normally.
I carried out a BSI reset. This only corrected the fuel gauge temporarily/partly.
My usual garage has suggested taking it to Peugeot for a proper diagnostic.
I phoned Arnold Clark Peugeot in Glasgow and was quoted £168 for the first hour, they also currently have around a 4-week wait.
I'm aware that a cloned BSI is an option if the BSI turns out to be faulty. So, first step is the diagnostic to establish that's definitely the problem.
Thanks
P