Hi, I have small problem after replace my NG4 system. My default radio restarting every few minutes. I replace NG4 system from old Peugeot 5008. I rewriting VIN code in NG4 system, after rewrite is everything OK, but one problem remain with scroll button on steering wheel. All button is OK, but scroll button not scrolling. In Diagbox check and button is OK, but not scrolling at radio menu.
Thanks for your ideas.
Radio NG4 problem after replace
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9328
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
Did the scroll wheel work with the old radio? If it did, and you still have the old one, could you put it back in just to see if the scroll wheel works again?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Xantiak
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Yesterday, 16:49
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
Yes, I connect old radio and scroll button is OK. Settings in Diagbox for old radio and new radio is same.
When I press scroll button, this function is OK, confirm item from menu. Only scrolling not function.
When I press scroll button, this function is OK, confirm item from menu. Only scrolling not function.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9328
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
Did the replacement NG4 unit come from the same model? Did that model have a scroll wheel on the steering wheel?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 591
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
It was from a peugeot 5008, so this one has a,different steering wheel with an other layout for the buttons, so there are different signals over the can line.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9328
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
The only thing I can suggest is to take it to a Peugeot dealer and ask them to download the configuration file for your vehicle and apply it to the new head unit. At a cost of course. Unfortunately Mirascripts won't work with it as that's for Magneti Marelli units only.
Or, second option, just live with it. Sorry.
Or, second option, just live with it. Sorry.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 591
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 147
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
It's from an peugeot to citroën, so he need the firmware for citroën from a citroën dealer.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9328
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Radio NG4 problem after replace
Ah OK, I can't see any mention of the car anywhere so wasn't aware of that.
Just one minor point. It's not a firmware update he has to ask for. It's to reinstall the configuration.
Just one minor point. It's not a firmware update he has to ask for. It's to reinstall the configuration.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson