C5 X7 suspension pump
-
Jay-Bruce
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 00:30
- x 280
Re: C5 X7 suspension pump
Yes, but only if the new module came from a similar engine. The equipped cars have 4x height sensors, one at each wheel, compared to the two, one on each axle, for the inline four cars, so there is no way to configure a v6 BHI electronics to fit an inline four car, or vice versa.
-
c5dc810hq_pb
- New User
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Sep 2026, 06:40
Re: C5 X7 suspension pump
Hi,
I've just has the same problem with the suspension pump in that it blew the fuse and then stopped working the other day. I've stripped the unit and and taken the plate with the bushes out, it was as suspected full of carbon dust.
My question is does anyone know where to get new bushes as mine probably don't have much more than 1000km left in them?
Regards
Phil
I've just has the same problem with the suspension pump in that it blew the fuse and then stopped working the other day. I've stripped the unit and and taken the plate with the bushes out, it was as suspected full of carbon dust.
My question is does anyone know where to get new bushes as mine probably don't have much more than 1000km left in them?
Regards
Phil
-
electronmirror
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 258
- Joined: 27 Oct 2005, 20:42
- x 31
Re: C5 X7 suspension pump
Hello Phil,
I had the same problem on my C5 X7 earlier this year although I didn't need to replace the brushes. If you have not yet reassembled the pump carefully measure the brushes and note where the lead is connected to the brush itself. From memory the loose end of the lead is spot welded to the plate supplying the current.
This company: https://carbonbrushes.nl/ specialises in carbon brushes for all sorts of applications and brands, helpfully you can also search their catalogue by shape and dimension.
I've not used them personally but you may get lucky and find a suitable set for the suspension pump.
Regards,
Ted
I had the same problem on my C5 X7 earlier this year although I didn't need to replace the brushes. If you have not yet reassembled the pump carefully measure the brushes and note where the lead is connected to the brush itself. From memory the loose end of the lead is spot welded to the plate supplying the current.
This company: https://carbonbrushes.nl/ specialises in carbon brushes for all sorts of applications and brands, helpfully you can also search their catalogue by shape and dimension.
I've not used them personally but you may get lucky and find a suitable set for the suspension pump.
Regards,
Ted
Ted
2010 C5 2.0 diesel(163) Exclusive Tourer (135,247miles)
1999 Xantia Exclusive Estate 110 Hdi Mauritius Blue with self peeling lacquer finish (276,174miles)
1991 XM Prestige 2.0 Auto(157,000 miles) gone but not forgotten
2010 C5 2.0 diesel(163) Exclusive Tourer (135,247miles)
1999 Xantia Exclusive Estate 110 Hdi Mauritius Blue with self peeling lacquer finish (276,174miles)
1991 XM Prestige 2.0 Auto(157,000 miles) gone but not forgotten