The laptop on which I run Lexia keeps getting corrupted. So I need to do a complete reinstall of Windows and then the very painful reinstall of Lexia.
This only runs Lexia and is very rarely used. It may sit in my house for months between outings. Possibly over a year.
Naturally, I suspect a hardware fault. However, the laptop run a Dell hardware checker which ran for quite some time, checking all hardware, making multiple checks on the memory and some hard drive check.
All OK.
Has anyone else experienced such problems ? I'd just like to rule out Lexia causing problems, although I already think that is unlikely.
I'm inclined to change the hard drive and do another install. If that's successful, the first task would be to clone the entire drive.
Lexia -Diagbox PC Corrupted ?
-
shtu
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 256
- Joined: 09 Dec 2023, 16:19
- x 76
Re: Lexia -Diagbox PC Corrupted ?
An alternative approach would be to use a different (newer, better) laptop, install VMWare Workstation, and run the OS and Diagnostic software inside a virtual machine.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55051
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Lexia -Diagbox PC Corrupted ?
Indeed, a good solution and exactly what later instances of clone Diagbox does...shtu wrote: 21 Sep 2026, 16:56 An alternative approach would be to use a different (newer, better) laptop, install VMWare Workstation, and run the OS and Diagnostic software inside a virtual machine.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...