Citroen C3 II (2015) RD45 to SMEG+iV2. Is it possible?

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.
TheItalianPilot84
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Aug 2026, 14:07

Citroen C3 II (2015) RD45 to SMEG+iV2. Is it possible?

Unread post by TheItalianPilot84 »

Hello everyone!
First post here, since I couldn't find a lot of informations online I've decided to try here. In the family we have a C3 II 2015 with the rd45 radio (the one with the orange lcd), I wanted to upgrade it to the SMEG+iV2 because it's basically the only option that wasn't installed when we specced the car back in 2015 and also because I wanted to have apple carplay without having to buy some random chinese android display that breaks down every 2-3 years. Can someone maybe give me some tips on the wiring and on the coding of the radio to the car and stuff like that? Should I let a dealership deal with the coding part considering the fact that all of my experience in mechanical/electrical stuff comes from 2 stroke bikes or should I do this myself? Let me know what you think of this project!

I'm sorry if my english is bad but it's not my native language :mrgreen:
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21121
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8111

Re: Citroen C3 II (2015) RD45 to SMEG+iV2. Is it possible?

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Hello and :welc:

I have moved your post to this forum which is all about the RD4/45 and should give you a better chance of some help. Good luck. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!