Fuel filter change

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

StuartR
My Cars:

Fuel filter change

Post by StuartR »

205 1.8D 92J 125K miles
I've got the filter for my 205 its a bosch system but i'm putting off changing as its
so difficult to get to.
Is it best to first unscrew the 2 bolts that fix it to the side of the car and then remove the in and out pipes leaving just the filter housing. Then drain the water, unscrew the central bolt change filter, reassemble bleed.
Also the 2 rubber washers in the kit are they for in and out pipes or are they for inside the
filter housing.
My main concern is not to have a problem with air getting into the fuel system if I do it wrong, leaving me wishing I hadn't bothed. Doesn't seem that difficult but then until i've tried cant tell.
Does there sound any glaring problems with this?
----
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Hi Stuart - Until recently, I had two 205D's to look after. They both had different fuel systems, but on each one, I found it better first to remove the two supply pipes, then unbolt the body of the filter housing from the vehicle. With it laying on some clean newspaper on the bench, it's easy to clean inside and fit the new filter. Be careful not to drop the copper washers from the banjo bolts. I leave them all on the bolts and hold them in place with pipe cleaners. To avoid air leaks, keep the washers free from dirt. The two rubber washers go inside the housing. Some CAV filters have a fuel heater in the bottom. With those its easier to leave the lower part of the housing attached.
Edited by - JohnD on 12 Oct 2002 14:56:02
StuartR
My Cars:

Post by StuartR »

thanks for reply John, not been on net so just read it.
will have to give it a go,
I'm sure the whole process is easy
----