405 Electric Sunroof -

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mg46783
My Cars:

405 Electric Sunroof -

Post by mg46783 »

Hi,,
anyone know anything about these beasts - before I start digging??
Basically it stopped working - in the "open" position... what else?!!
MAnaged to get it shut.. but it wont do much now.. Wondering if anyone has dealings in the roof compartment of things....OR - could I be looking totally in the wrong place???
cheers--
mike
Edited by - mg46783 on 16 Nov 2002 01:09:03
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Hi,
I am not sure of the lay out in your car but I have had problems with my bx and zx roof. The cables rusted in the bx and so I replaced them. Head cloth out etc, a few hours. The zx jammed recenlty. I took off the centre consol where the motor is housed, removed the glass and tried operating the motor. Still no movement. I removed the motor which on both the zx and bx has a cog that sits between the cables. The motor worked but the cabels had worn and were causing the jam. I have got it to tilt but not slide and just grinds. (Too much load) Will probably replace when I have a day spare in nice warm weather. I would suggest it you can get to the motor and even remove the glass by undoing the few screws, you may be able to push the cables back and forth, free them up or see some damage. It would seem logical the problems arise at an end where the motor starts it's work. Hence, yours jammed open at a point that gets a lot of wear. After that you too may need a nice warm day.
mg46783
My Cars:

Post by mg46783 »

HIya., just wanted to thank you for your input.....ive not been on here much lately... so THANKS ... I'll give your ideas a go. I did the wheel bearing - no problem... as for the SPEEDO CABLE though....looks like I'll have to buy the book !!!! No-one seems to know about that one ;-(
Ok mate...thanks again
Mike