Citroen ZX 1.8i Petrol air condition problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mazidee
My Cars:

Citroen ZX 1.8i Petrol air condition problem

Post by mazidee »

My ZX having problem with the temprature red light coming out on and off although the gauge needle is still at the middle. My air condition does not seems to function once the red light is on. Could it because of the preasure switch/Presosstat problem or my air cond refrigerant level gone low. Radiator tank look okay. Pls. advise.
mazidee
My Cars:

Post by mazidee »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
My ZX having problem with the temprature red light coming out on and off although the gauge needle is still at the middle. My air condition does not seems to function once the red light is on. Could it because of the preasure switch/Presosstat problem or my air cond refrigerant level gone low. Radiator tank look okay. Pls. advise.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
mazidee
My Cars:

Post by mazidee »

Finally I found the culprit. The problem is with the poor contact at the sensor located under the front bumper extreme left side end from the driver position. Clean it with WD40 and the problem gone. Thanks to Michael Pug 306 who share his experience with me at the workshop ..He changed the sensor !
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>