Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Post by RichardW »

Thanks Jim, interesting... I will have a go at the weekend. However, the air box has been out of this car at the garage when the thermostat was done, so there's a good chance it's broken already....! Gawd only knows why they needed to make it more complex - it's only a vent from the turbo solenoid, presumably just connected to the air box to reduce the (tiny) amounts of hydrocarbons that might be released, or perhaps it is to provide clean air - blockage of the (separate) filter could be an issue on earlier cars. I think I pushed and squeezed, but didn't pull the ears back. I suspect most are broken as the tech puts a trim release tool behind to 'help' it when it won't easily release!
Richard W
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

CitroJim wrote: 23 May 2024, 12:29 That connector is definitely fiddly and there's a knack to it Richard!

It took me about 20 minutes today...

This is what the end of the airbox spigot looks like:

And this is the collet within the connector:

The technique is to initially push the connector towards the airbox. Then, whilst holding the connector as far forward as you can, pull the collet assembly back as far as it will go by its ears, squeeze the two ears together really hard and keeping them squeezed as hard as you can, pull forward and the connector will release and come off the spigot... It may take two or three attempts. It's made difficult because the collet is loose inside the connector and that's why it's needs to be pulled back whist squeezing its ears... If you don't, the ring on the spigot prevents the collect jaws expanding enough to pass over them...

Whoever designed that was a genius/idiot/psychopath/joker/sadist* :twisted: 100% more complex than it needed to be...

* Select your favoured choice...
Hmm, are we talking about cars or the fairer sex.....
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Rp0thejester wrote: 23 May 2024, 20:28
Hmm, are we talking about cars or the fairer sex.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Out and about today I parked very close to the absolute twin of mine :)
53743334403_4fc49fa8e1_k.jpg
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

When I first got Bluebell, the last three letters of her number plate - BFJ - immediately suggested something to me...
53693469555_7b7ff622e4_k.jpg
'Bury Field Juniors'

It may now just happen, I'm currently about to embark on the process of working toward establishing a Junior parkrun on Bury Field 😀 We definitely need one in the north of the city...

It may not come to anything as there's a lot of hurdles to clear; it'll be a fun adventure whatever the outcome...

There has been other suggestions of what 'BFJ' might mean in connection with me; none of them really suitable for wider publication :lol:
Jim

MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

RichardW wrote: 23 May 2024, 14:47 a vent from the turbo solenoid, presumably just connected to the air box to reduce the (tiny) amounts of hydrocarbons that might be released, or perhaps it is to provide clean air - blockage of the (separate) filter could be an issue on earlier cars.
Ah, re-reading this, and saw a picture:
From Facebook marketplace advert
From Facebook marketplace advert
Described as a 2016 308 engine, this one does have the pipe connector and silly clip. Edit: marked up for clarity:
This daft thing, 'ere!
This daft thing, 'ere!

My wife's 308, a 2011, must be early enough to be a separate filter.

Have to find that little separate filter and give it a clean at some point :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's the later 8 valve DV6 Matt... I suspect your other half's 308 will have the 16V DV6?
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

That's a DV6F, Jim, the Blue Hdi version from 2015 or so on ( although both Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines were available in some models at the same time between 2014 - 2016). 2011 is the change over to the DV6C which is the 8v Euro 5 version. There are also e-HDi versions in between, which I think are basically DV6C with stop start.
Richard W
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Cyclists, watched the buggers today, hundreds of them going the wrong way on the city roads, racing and ignoring red traffic lights........................Ride Lonfon :-D
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Richard has given loads more details (quoted below as part has confused me!)

But no, it's new enough to be the 8 valve, but not new enough for the bloody awful pipe fitting.
RichardW wrote: 26 May 2024, 16:44 That's a DV6F, Jim, the Blue Hdi version from 2015 or so on ( although both Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines were available in some models at the same time between 2014 - 2016). 2011 is the change over to the DV6C which is the 8v Euro 5 version. There are also e-HDi versions in between, which I think are basically DV6C with stop start.
That's interesting, the 308 is 61 plate (which is 2011, I think!?!) but is badged BlueHDI

SORRY, been outside to check! (Dodging the cloud bursts!) I'm flat out wrong: it is e-HDi as suggested. Has start stop (but never does so, a blue flashing Evo explaining "Start stop not possible". Not a mega concern). Also has the start stop alternator which I believe can restart the car (but it has a normal separate starter motor too)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks for the DV6 engine clarifications all :D It's a minefield!

Delighted to receive this in the post today - been waiting for it since March. A very bespoke item :)
53755613684_352c7e29a0_k.jpg
Possibly my most loved run ever although the Bath Two Tunnels Half is a close contender for that title :)

And then again, the Bath Railway Ultra in October this year may just push both of those off the top spot...

That one runs from Bath Green Park Station (the old Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway Terminus) to Bristol Temple Meads Station along the former railway line via Mangotsfield. This was the first disused railway turned into a multi-use path by Sustrans. It includes a tunnel, several restored signal boxes and a stretch of Heritage Railway at Bitton, the Avon Valley. It then runs back to the start in Bath - 50K in all...

It's going to be epic :cool:
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A bit of a special milestone achieved this morning :-D

I logged my 6,000 all-time activity into Strava...
strava6000.jpg
And celebrated it with a lovely little run :)
strava6000run.jpg
Jim

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Well done Jim, I think you should treat yourself: viewtopic.php?p=801222#p801222 :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 31 May 2024, 08:55 Well done Jim, I think you should treat yourself: viewtopic.php?p=801222#p801222 :-D
I'd love to Mick but I fear Bluebell would never forgive me if I did...
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024

Post by Skull »

I was in the Lakes again today ... got chatting to a bloke who was marking out the route with flags for tomorrows Scafell Sky Race if you are mad enough to take part in these events ... that bloke was walking 20 miles today with all the marker flags and then he's running 40km tomorrow over some serious elevation.

https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=11783

Luckily for me entries are closed [-o<
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch