Android Auto Wireless

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Shakes

Android Auto Wireless

Post by Shakes »

Hello,

I am considering buying a second hand DS7 from 2020. The car supports Android Auto, it has Wifi but on the test drive I couldn't get Android Auto to work wireless. The sales person had no idea himself (which is always great). I was under impression when car has Wifi it should be possible to get Android Auto going wireless. Hence, should it work on the car? Since it has wireless charging functionality it would make me do without cables which would be great (and desired)

Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Android Auto Wireless

Post by GiveMeABreak »

PSA vehicles with Connected Navigation or Colour Radio (RCC) will support CarPlay wired or Android Auto Wired or connected via Bluetooth.

You will ned to decide how you're going to connect. Connection with Bluetooth means allowing the correct permissions on your phone first of all and ensuring you have the Android Auto App and a compatible phone.

The wireless charging pad is only for that - charging and has no other function.

The on-board WiFi if fitted, means you can share a mobile connection from your smartphone with the car's on-board WiFi to allow occupants to share the data connection on their mobile devices (like a WiFi Hotspot).
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 23 May 2024, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Connected Nav Forum
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Shakes

Re: Android Auto Wireless

Post by Shakes »

Thanks!