Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 X7 Windscreen Wipers

Post by GiveMeABreak »

NO, nothing to do with the blower fan.

Read this thread and you can see what others have done to fix their issues. It may not be the same problem, and remember - just because the left wiper is playing up, it does not mean that the issue is with the left wiper motor! These work in a master and slave relationship, so it may be the opposite (right) motor that has the issue as they coordinate with each other to avoid collision.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ciprianciobanu

Post by Ciprianciobanu »

I changed the master wiper and still doesn t work, neither of them. If the slave wiper is broken, nor the master wiper souldn t work? Last time (2 years ago), I changed the master wiper and worked.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I obviously cannot answer that on a Forum. It needs to be diagnosed with Diagbox to determine which one is at fault and what the fault code (s) is showing to assist further.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Estately
(Donor 2022)

Post by Estately »

Hi,
When looking at the pictures of your open wiper motor case, it seems that there is interference between the edge of the case and the magnet.

The position of the magnet on the motor shaft is sensed by the circuit board and should be in the correct position as it rotates.
Sorry can't help with the electrical connections.

You seem to have bad luck with your wiper motors.

Could this be caused by moisture entering the motor case?
Do you park your car under trees?
Just thinking dead leaves, pine needles etc, could cause dampness around and under the wiper motors and particularly in the area where the wiper arm shaft enters the motor case.

Given the age of your car there could be quite a build up of damp debris in the area beneath the valence under the wiper motors and is not a place you would expect to inspect or clean.

Hope that helps.
Andy.
If it can happen it will.
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

If the master is good it will operate if you unplug the slave. The slave won't operate without the master. Hope this helps. You do need to have it plugged in to check if there is anything else going on. Have you tried a bsi reset for the blower motor.
Darren
Ciprianciobanu

Post by Ciprianciobanu »

@darbuck, how to reset the bsi?
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

Link to reset procedure generously provided by Marc
Darren