C5II Where Does This Plastic Piece Belong?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sydo

C5II Where Does This Plastic Piece Belong?

Post by sydo »

Greetings to all friends, I bought my car second hand, this plastic part in the picture has been in the trunk since I bought the car, where in the car could this part have come from, I would be grateful if anyone could share the location in the manual, thank you, part number: 9632480380

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5II Where Does This Plastic Piece Belong?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's the anti-intrusion protector for vehicles with Simple Central Locking. It goes inside the door and the locking control rod goes through it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sydo

Post by sydo »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 11:31 It's the anti-intrusion protector for vehicles with Simple Central Locking. It goes inside the door and the locking control rod goes through it.
Thanks, is there an image in the manual in the catalog that will show the exact installation location?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Just throw it in the bin, some of these covers can be an absolute pain to re fit & thats likely why someone has not re fitted it. The locking will function perfectly normally without it as it has done since you have had it.
sydo

Post by sydo »

wheeler wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 06:40 Just throw it in the bin, some of these covers can be an absolute pain to re fit & thats likely why someone has not re fitted it. The locking will function perfectly normally without it as it has done since you have had it.

The owner of the car before me did not install it. I guess he did it as you thought, since he threw it in the trunk, it is as you said 🤣🤣🤣