ECU problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulc5060

ECU problems

Post by Paulc5060 »

So I've been to Citroen today to check on my picasso C4 65 plate 1.6 diesel . Not looking good ECU locked and will not start. Waiting for Citroen head office to look into it ? If it's no good can I fit a second hand ECU kit . Can someone tell me what I would need to change over also if I go that way what happens to my mileage . As my car has
only done 49000 can anyone help please 🥺
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: ECU problems

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Has you taken the vehicle to anyone else / another garage just before this happened? If somebody has mucked about with the engine ECU they may well have mis-configured it.

Normally this happens when the fobs are not initialised after a car battery change of the batteries in the fobs and can be reinitialised following the relevant part after the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure.

You can't just replace the fobs if the engine ECU is faulty, it will need a new engine ECU or a virginised one, then it will need programming online via a dealer (can be done if you have a PSA account , the diagnostic equipment and pay for access) and then it will need to be paired with the BSI and the vehicle fobs.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Has the wiring or anything been done near the engine fuseboxes, or any equipment added to the wiring?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc