Diagbox version for C5 Aircross?

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zakazak

Diagbox version for C5 Aircross?

Post by zakazak »

Hi there, does anyone know which diagbox version is required for the C5 Aircross?

Thanks!
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Re: Diagbox version for C5 Aircross?

Post by cit-rotti »

If you want to do it yourself, you should preferably use a DIAGBOX 9.xxx - ideally from update 9.150- 9.180 (for vehicles from 2014), which can be installed both as a VM or natively on WIN10/WIN11 64 Bit Pro. If a suitable laptop is available, then only VCI + software + installation is required - costs between 100-120€ for self-installers with a China clone or currently 160€ with a used original VCI.

This allows all the usual offline diagnostic work to be carried out - only if offline changes are made that involve changes to control unit software will an access code from the chargeable hotline be required, because newer control units from 2015/2016 onwards do not enable offline access without this code.

Greetings Wolfgang
zakazak

Post by zakazak »

cit-rotti wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 10:24 If you want to do it yourself, you should preferably use a DIAGBOX 9.xxx - ideally from update 9.150- 9.180 (for vehicles from 2014), which can be installed both as a VM or natively on WIN10/WIN11 64 Bit Pro. If a suitable laptop is available, then only VCI + software + installation is required - costs between 100-120€ for self-installers with a China clone or currently 160€ with a used original VCI.

This allows all the usual offline diagnostic work to be carried out - only if offline changes are made that involve changes to control unit software will an access code from the chargeable hotline be required, because newer control units from 2015/2016 onwards do not enable offline access without this code.

Greetings Wolfgang
Thanks a lot.
I got diagbox 9.xx installed and also got a Lexia device (Lexia-3 xs evolution supporté V48 PP2000 V25).

Is there also any way to check the service intervals / what has to be done for each service and also check workshop manuals offline (e.g. without being connected to the car)?
I couldn't find that in diagbox yet but found a website that seems to offer it (www.haynes.com).

Thanks!
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Post by cit-rotti »

Current access to spare parts, repair instructions, circuit diagrams etc. is not possible with offline diagnostics.

However, PSA offers everyone the opportunity to take part in the online service for a fee. This requires a corresponding account with PSA and, depending on requirements, corresponding parts can be used/purchased permanently or for a limited time.

Not exactly cheap fun. An original VCI should also be used - although many report that the clone usually works too.

Any offline diagnostic software installed is completely unsuitable for this - activation is the cheat and there are also occasional slips in the software.

For vehicles up to approx. 2013/2014, there are repair instructions/schematics for both Citroen and Peugeot which can be installed and activated on a PC/LAPTOP (DocBackUp and SEDREBackUp). After that, everything was only available "online" for a fee.
Address for free software from DIAGBOX and repair instructions:
https://guiapsa.foroactivo.com/login
And of the current DIAGBOX software:
https://www.psa-diag.fr/forum/index.php

Greetings Wolfgang

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
zakazak

Post by zakazak »

cit-rotti wrote: Yesterday, 11:24 Current access to spare parts, repair instructions, circuit diagrams etc. is not possible with offline diagnostics.

However, PSA offers everyone the opportunity to take part in the online service for a fee. This requires a corresponding account with PSA and, depending on requirements, corresponding parts can be used/purchased permanently or for a limited time.

Not exactly cheap fun. An original VCI should also be used - although many report that the clone usually works too.

Any offline diagnostic software installed is completely unsuitable for this - activation is the cheat and there are also occasional slips in the software.

For vehicles up to approx. 2013/2014, there are repair instructions/schematics for both Citroen and Peugeot which can be installed and activated on a PC/LAPTOP (DocBackUp and SEDREBackUp). After that, everything was only available "online" for a fee.
Address for free software from DIAGBOX and repair instructions:
https://guiapsa.foroactivo.com/login
And of the current DIAGBOX software:
https://www.psa-diag.fr/forum/index.php

Greetings Wolfgang

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Thank you for the link to foroactivo... I tried registering for the servicebox but I am not sure if I did everything correct since I do not speak spanish and half of the images included in the guide are not existing anymore.
I can log into the servicebox but I can still not access the information for free.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is NOT free, you have to pay for it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc