Advice given after MOT concerning U140.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mitsub
Donor 2023

Advice given after MOT concerning U140.

Post by mitsub »

Citroen C5 X7 2012 1.6
Just before my MOT I had the engine check light come on. After clearing the check light I drove off with no more problems. After stopping and starting up, the check light came back on.
It didn't feel or sound as if there were any engine problems and it drove fine.
I checked with Diagbox and found three faults: F023, F062 and U140. I know F023 concerns the no comms with the display ECU, the F062 no comms with the audio ECU. This is because I replaced the RT6 radio with a Pioneer SPH-EVO92DAB and steering wheel control unit which is working fine but the U0140 and engine check light now always comes on. I can clear it but the next time I start the engine on it comes.
The next screen shots, sorry there are a lot, follow an injector. I have no idea which one I have and I certainly don't want to alter any but at the end (last screen shot) it show a comms error with the BSI.
During my MOT the fault cropped up and I was told it was because the radio system was removed, possibly causing the problem as there was no info of the outside temperature relayed back to the car. Before I replace the RT6 is this possible? My belief is the engine control units send the temp to display on the radio, not the other way round, or am I missing something?
Attachments
Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (67).png
Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (65).png
Screenshot (62).png
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (59).png
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Advice given after MOT concerning U140.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be prepared to loose functionality if you put an aftermarket system such as parking assistance visual display, exterior temp and access to vehicle options etc.

I think you have also selected the wrong engine ECU. You shouldn't need to do any of this, as Diagbox should pick up the correct ECUs from the VIN. You have a Siemens injection ECU, not a Bosch...

Obviously you are going to get Head Unit faults, but at present you are not even getting accurate results because Diagbox can't communicate with most of the ECUs as shown in your pictures. You need to connect again and allow it to detect the vehicle properly from the VIN. If it won't do this, then you likely don't have a full chip VCI.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc