Additive tank empty to early

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mikemul

Additive tank empty to early

Post by Mikemul »

Hi, I have topped up my additive tank 30/40k kms ago and reset it on diagbox. Now diagbox tells me there is 95 procent in it but get a pressure fault because it’s empty! How is this possible are the settings not good or is there a internal leak somewhere? There are 2 bolts on top of the tank does anyone know how to remove this?

Do I need to refill again or is it broken ?

When i do a function test it said working okay
Last edited by Mikemul on 25 Feb 2024, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Additive tank empty to early

Post by RichardW »

Welcome along!

What'd the VIN, and what error code are you actually seeing?
Richard W
Mikemul

Post by Mikemul »

The vin is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] and on the additive ecu fault code feb2 and on bsi b1811 fault additive pump
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You have to understand that the additive tank is not physically measured first of all. The additive quantity is only estimated from the amount filled at factory and then the amount injected into the fuel tank over time.

When the additive tank is refilled, the engine ECU must be told the tank has been refilled with a diagnostic tool. If you do not do this, the engine ECU has no idea this has been doine and will throw a warning up if it thinks the tank is getting low.

So the fault code B1811 96 means: Diesel fuel additive pump fault and is a BSI fault code.

So you need to check that the additive reservoir has fluid in and that the engine ECU has been reset.

Once you have done that and if the error is still coming up, then it's possible the additive pump or the electrical connections are faulty.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Mikemul

Post by Mikemul »

Hi. the first time that I refilled it I have reset the counter to full. But now the tank is empty and getting a fault. The ecu tells me that it’s 95 procent full. After filling it again the faults are gone. But how is it possible to get all the fluid out so fast?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your reset the additive counter to ZERO, not full.

Marc
Mikemul

Post by Mikemul »

I’m sorry I haven’t reset the counter but use option replacement of hoses and the pump was priming
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That won't work. The counter has to be reset. You may have also primed the additive pump, which may also be required after refilling.

Marc
paraman79

Resetting Eolysis tank

Post by paraman79 »

I will have to go down this path soon I suspect. My 2011 Partner Tepee has done some 80260 miles now. A sudden swerve due to a road hazard set off a warning. gone away again now.I asked the Peugeot main dealer (Arnold Clarke) in Inverness for a quote to do the job. Quote was £826 including the reset, or £144 for the reset only. However, they would refuse to do it unless they did the refill as well. So I will do it myself. I planned to fork out for the Diagbox route but the software seems very complex. Topdon have a model, the 800ADBT which is supposed to do the job and has free lifetime updates and is for many cars. Expensive yes at around £280 but still only half the insane quote! And I get to keep the Topdon afterwards.
Thoughts on this, anyone? Have emailed Topdon and awaiting a reply.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just be wary of what it actual will do - it is misleading and in reality may not provide what you think it does. This first review explains:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-review ... filter-bar

I always start with the poor reviews first as a lot of the 4/5 star reviews are either fake or from people who have had a free product in exchange for a good review.

Marc