C-Crosser auto gearbox clunk changing 2nd to 3rd

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Crosser

C-Crosser auto gearbox clunk changing 2nd to 3rd

Unread post by Crosser »

My C-Crosser has started sometimes clunking when the auto box changes from 2nd to 3rd gear. It doesn’t happen on any other gear changes and it doesn’t happen all of the time, I can often drive for like 15-20 mins before it does it.
The other thing I’ve noticed is that if I change gears manually using the flappy paddles then it never clunks.
Any ideas on what this could be???
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C-Crosser auto gearbox clunk changing 2nd to 3rd

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Aaagghh the Crosser, basically a Mitsubishi in most regards and also use their gearboxes too. Depends what you have, either a fully automatic or one of their robotised manuals.

Anything like this needs a diagnostic, preferably with Diagbox to get some fault codes if you can.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Crosser

Re: C-Crosser auto gearbox clunk changing 2nd to 3rd

Unread post by Crosser »

I’m not sure what type of gearbox it is. It’s a 2010 2.2HDi Exclusive Auto, if that helps?
I’ve asked a couple of local garages and without them looking at the car, one suggested it might just need the transmission fluid & filter changed and the other suggested that because it never does it using the manual gear change paddles that it might be some sort of electronic update needed, that only a Citroen garage would be able to do?!? 🤷🏼‍♂️