ALARM FAULT

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JOE+TECH

ALARM FAULT

Post by JOE+TECH »

Hi got a alarm fault with 2014 Peugeot 2008 2014, alarm goes off after approx 2 mins
Common fault is bonnet switch and I can see someone has soldered the 2 wires to bonnet switch together
Question is the bonnet switch a open / closed contact switch ? so the wires joint together shows bonnet closed all the time.
Or does the switch give some feed back in the open and closed position to the alarm module
Thanks Joe
wheeler

Re: ALARM FAULT

Post by wheeler »

cant remember if its normally open or normally closed but i would expect you would get a bonnet open warning on the display if it thought the bonnet was open?
Could be someone clutching at straws trying to fix this?
Has the car always had this fault since you had the car?
Did the fault start after doing any work to the car?
First check the shunt in the BSI/fusebox is in the client position.
Does it make any difference if you turn the interior sensors of before arming the alarm?
Attachments
shunt.jpg
JOE+TECH

Post by JOE+TECH »

Thanks for reply,Trying to help friend Peugeot 2008 alarm fault Fault present for approx 1 month.
Car at previous workshop, has had new battery fitted, new alarm sounder ( peugeot part) I think soldered bonnet switch wires together
I have checked shunt fuse in correct position, set alarm with interior sensors deactivated fault still present
It would appear it is a exterior sensor fault ( door / boot lock fault)
Vin no VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] If you could give me wiring diagram for alarm system I would be able to check door switches wiring at alarm module
Also would like to try bsi reset if you could give proper procedure
No faults in alarm
Bsi has U1802 vehicle speed, B1331 electric window authorisation ,C1651 tyre under inflation
Thanks Joe
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

I can post them in the original format so tried splitting it.
Attachments
alarm.jpg
alarm top.jpg
alarm bottom.jpg
JOE+TECH

Post by JOE+TECH »

Thanks Wheeler for diagram information ,I think I will be able to check it out now
It is a exterior fault When rechecked it had fault with no communication with siren module so with your diagram I was
able to check the power supply fuse No 9 5amp in bsi all ok .I will have to get to the siren wiring to check further
I see all the exterior , doors bonnet , rear hatch goes to BSI, Can the parameter list show if doors are showing open / closed correctly
Thanks Joe
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Yes you should be able to see all the alarm inputs on the live data
JOE+TECH

Post by JOE+TECH »

Hi checked siren it is new, earth ok pin 1( yellow) wire , pin2 ( grey) wire .o2 volts from bsi is that the comms from bsi pin3 ( pink wire)
No power to siren ,checked fuse 9 bsi batt power ok to supply siren on diagram
Now can you assist with location of plug 16 V GR on bsi where power should be supplied to siren
does 16 v gr mean 16pin grey plug and it should bee pin 12 on diagram
A diagram of the plug location on bsi would be great help
also what should I be expecting on pin2
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

JOE+TECH wrote: 17 Oct 2023, 21:50 does 16 v gr mean 16pin grey plug and it should bee pin 12 on diagram
Yes that is correct, the power supply to the siren (and also the alarm ECU) output from pin 12 of the 16 way grey connector on the BSI.
There will only be one 16 way grey connector on the BSI so it wont be hard to find.
JOE+TECH

Re: ALARM FAULT FIXED

Post by JOE+TECH »

Alarm fixed, Thanks to wheeler for help + diagram could not have done it without it
Found pin 12 ( yellow wire) at grey plug 16 v gr 12volts present
Fault was corroded wiring in harness
After getting alarm working I still had a fault
So I would like to add some details to help
1 The bonnet switch showed open with wires soldered together ( module needs to see open circuit bonnet closed)
2 All searches states siren under drivers wheel arch ( 2014 it is under scuttle panel pass side)
Thanks Joe
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Thats great news.
Where abouts exactly was the wire corroded?
JOE+TECH

Post by JOE+TECH »

Checked the wiring at bsi the 12pin had 12volts( yellow wire) followed through bulk head rubber grommet to engine and noticed the harness
had been damaged by hungry mouse I think. Water had ingress over time and corroded wiring lowering the voltage to alarm system
When fixed it also cleared the other faults I had in BSI
Thanks Joe