C5X recalls

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
andyc2023

C5X recalls

Unread post by andyc2023 »

Does anybody have any details of the C5X recalls?

Our car has had the following recalls:
  • JHV - driver microphone
    JFQ - label.
    JJR - software update AM/VAR
    JPB - rear muffler.
    JHU - phev software
    JLG - 360 camera
    JQK - impactor tightening.
    JRH - label.
    JTX - steering wheel software
... but have very little information about them.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5X recalls

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

I'll need the VIN for these as recalls are vehicle specific and only apply to certain versions and build dates. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
andyc2023

Vin: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Ok, so there are NO recalls for your vehicle and as such I can't tell you what the above codes are for - as they are not relevant to your specific vehicle.

There are only 2 recalls so far for this model but not yours and again none apply to you. One was for the this vehicle that was the Chinese version and the other on the 2021 model (JGT) that concerned the front left wheel mounting bolts may not be properly tightened, which can cause a loss of vehicle control while driving, creating a risk of an accident.

The Citroen C5 X vehicles affected by this recall were manufactured between 25 August and 6 December 2021.

I should of said, that once a campaign (not a recall) has been completed as in the case of the codes you've listed, they are no longer shown on the system - only the outstanding ones are. So I can't provide details now as they've been completed.

Most of those will be software updates AMVAR is the suspension - so probably a tweak there., PHEV will either be a check to add insulation to prevent corrosion in the gap between the battery and the casing where needed, or the battery management software needs updating to fix issues with either range or electric mode I suspect.

The steering wheel software may be for the controls / functions.

Marc
andyc2023

All those recalls have been applied to my vehicle according to the dealership.

I know the "muffler" one involved drilling a hole in the exhaust and adding a drain as water could accumulate in the silencer and freeze in winter causing the engine to not run.

One of the label ones involved adding a conformance label to the charging port.

It's a shame that there's no more detail about the others.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

I could of provided you with all the info, but only whilst they are active and outstanding. At least you had them all done though.

These aren't actual recalls as per the 2 I mentioned in my last post, but are 'After-sales Campaigns' as they call them.

Marc