Whirring noise after engine has stopped

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
jenniferanne
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Sep 2023, 17:20

Whirring noise after engine has stopped

Unread post by jenniferanne »

I have a Citroen picasso xsara 05 and when I stop the engine there is a very quiet whirring noise that carries on for about 5 minutes after I stop the engine.
Has anyone else had this issue or know what it might be?
Thank you so much
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10952
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1454

Re: Whirring noise after engine has stopped

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

Depending on which engine you have, it could be an auxiliary coolant pump to cool the turbocharger.
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9328
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1939

Re: Whirring noise after engine has stopped

Unread post by Paul-R »

Possibly the engine fan or maybe the EGR cycling through its cleaning cycle.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson