Citroen c5 x7 hydro, where is this screw that adjusts the ride height at the back?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
thundermaster

Citroen c5 x7 hydro, where is this screw that adjusts the ride height at the back?

Unread post by thundermaster »

Good evening to everyone,

Where is this screw on the back under the car that adjusts the back height?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen c5 x7 hydro, where is this screw that adjusts the ride height at the back?

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The heights are NOT adjusted via any screw. The screw on the rear hydraulic block is to depressurise the rear hydraulic circuit - so do not get under the car unsupported if trying to perform this function as the car will drop on you. Same for the front.

Small height adjustments are made by undertaking the height measurement procedure calculations and using Diagbox / Lexia to enter the resulting values from the calculation into Diagbox, which then makes any adjustment.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
thundermaster

Re: Citroen c5 x7 hydro, where is this screw that adjusts the ride height at the back?

Recently when the car was more than normal in the back, and I took it to the dealer, they told me that to adjust it they have to put it on a ramp where the wheels step on the ramp. They actually lifted it and someone did something with a screwdriver to the rear axle, and the car went down, then something tightened and it was almost fine. It wants some more.
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Unread post by MattBLancs »

Well, you could loosen the clamp on the anti roll bar where the ride height sensor is fastened to it, swivel it a bit and cross your fingers but it would very much NOT be the way to do it

Surely the dealer would know not to try and do it like that!?
Shirley.jpg~2.jpg
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Unread post by Paul-R »

Was it really a genuine authorised Citroën dealer?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Unread post by cit-rotti »

Klemme am StabilisatorWrong is "only" to adjust the clamp on the stabiliser.

Correct is to make a basic adjustment at the "clamp on the stabiliser" and the fine adjustment is made via the diagnostic tool (DiagBox).

Greetings Wolfgang
thundermaster

Well, since here in Greece no one authorized knows how to measure the correct height with the detailed procedure you all describe, and since all garages are closed for holidays, and since I'm tired of seeing the rear of the car slightly raised like a carnival, I will was it easy for someone to show me, even with pictures, exactly where this is and what I need to do to lower it slightly, when I find a lift ramp? Thank you very much.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

See my post here - the procedure is detailed for 4 Cylinder Vehicles:

viewtopic.php?p=559127#p559127
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Unread post by Paul-R »

Quite some years ago (15?) my 2003 C5 Estate car suddenly jacked itself up at the rear to its absolute maximum. After an uncomfortable drive home without any suspension movement at all I soon discovered that the dog-leg connector had fallen off the adjuster due to excessive rust on the ball joint.

Fortunately I had a donor car in the drive as a source of spares and soon transferred the complete unit over. Obviously no reference points so I simply put the unit on in as close a position compared to the old unit as possible. Exactly in the way you're asking about I think. It was pretty close and only required minor tweaking to get the side view of the car looking correct. I drove it for several years afterwards with no flashing of headlights from oncoming traffic at night.

I must emphasise how dangerous getting under the car can be and I used axle stands under the body while it was in the air. Safety first on this.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

thundermaster

THANKS SO MUCH but I'm looking for the quick fix, the one with the height sensor, where is that and where it should be, do we have a picture? because I didn't see what they did...
Οf course I'll find a ramp, I'm not going under the car.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Unread post by Paul-R »

That IS the quick fix.

Follow the link that Marc posted for the suspension height adjustment. In section 4.2. Pre-adjusting the rear height simply make small adjustments to the clamp until you get it close enough.

thundermaster

Thank you very much, I will check it.
thundermaster

Well, finally found a ramp and finally I HAVE HYDROPNEUMATIC SUSPENSION AGAIN IN THE BACK. I did many tests and found that the back must me slightly lower than the front, correct me if I am not right Now the suspension is brilliant and works in all levels correctly with the appropriate message appearing in the dash also in the highest level, and without the pump working continuously! many thanks!